[REL] Child Bride (1938)

Rich

[REL] Child Bride (1938)

Post by Rich »   41 likes

Child Bride (1938)

[Image]
The last time I was able to see this film was about three years ago. It was on tape and was on loan from a private collection. This is an excellent example of the moral genre of the period. The camera work shows great detail to use of light and position. I am eager to get this film in my collection and hopefully someone will see fit to put this on DVD.
Back in the "good ol' days up in der hills," a horny old man could get himself a child bride without the slightest worry..., that is until this flick came out and stirred up so much emotion with the public laws just had to be passed. Ummm, well, no, it really didn't have such an impact, but Child Bride has developed a cult following over the years for its attempt to have one as well as for its corny plot and poor acting.

The tale involves two feuding men, one kills the other and then frames the deceased's wife, telling the woman he'll keep his mouth shut about her supposed murder of her husband if she consents to him marrying her twelve year old daughter, Jenny (Shirley Miles). The girl is against it yet feels she must accept to save her mother from prison. So, it is then up to the local teacher, who is on a vendetta to eliminate the tradition of child brides, and Jenny's jealous boyfriend (Bob Bollinger), roughly thirteen, to save the day. Can they pull it off before the "youngin'" is violated?!?! Give it thirty minutes and it becomes a lot of fun. This is the uncut version of this film and includes the controversial (at least for its time) skinny-dipping scene.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0029989

One complete source:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [415.43 Mb]

;)
Back in the "good ol' days up in der hills," a horny old man could get himself a child bride without the slightest worry
:lol:
lovecraft

Re: [REL] Child Bride (1938)

Post by lovecraft »   0 likes

The last time I was able to see this film was about three years ago. It was on tape and was on loan from a private collection. This is an excellent example of the moral genre of the period. The camera work shows great detail to use of light and position. I am eager to get this film in my collection and hopefully someone will see fit to put this on DVD.

I just want to let people know that this movie is available to buy on DVD for $5.95 at oldies.com ( http://www.oldies.com/product-view/4543D.html )
fwtt

Post by fwtt »   0 likes

I bought mine from amazon.com for 6.98$ a couple of weeks ago. If anyone is interested i can rip it. But:

1. I have never ripped before, give me a good program for converting the contents of an iso file to a divx/xvid or whatever.

2. I rarely have my computer on all night long, so if there's anyone here who do keep their computer all night long maybe you can host it for me. I have a fair upload, so sending it to you wont take long. :thumbsup
pooniman

Post by pooniman »   20 likes

The link posted above

Like this post to see ed2k links  [415.43 Mb]

currently has a few sources, including complete one on my PC.

Hope DVD quality better though...
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I have never ripped before, give me a good program for converting the contents of an iso file to a divx/xvid or whatever.
All you need is DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD to your harddrive and Auto Gordian Knot to convert to DivX/Xvid.

You will get very good results and it's easy to use.
fwtt

Post by fwtt »   0 likes

Great, i will start ripping as soon as i clear up some space on one of my harddrives. ;)
fwtt

Post by fwtt »   0 likes

Well, here it is, and i hope it's better than the vhsrip :)

edit: Uhm, it didn't work, ive tried to download from another computer (who has a different ip, but it doesn't work). Anyone interested in hosting the movie? ;)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks!!! ;)
wizardly1

Post by wizardly1 »   0 likes

Well, i for one am downloading it. I stay online and only turn off emule every three or four days, as that seems to be when my virtual memory gets full, and I have to run window washer and restart my computer to clear the buffers. Seems to work. machine works fine for several days, before it starts to slow down. Then I do that all over again. <sigh>
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

What's going on??? Puzzled.