[REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Warg

Re: [REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Post by Warg »   0 likes

deadman wrote:but the resolution can never be higher than the source material.
That's true, of course, if you only think of conventional techniques. But one could possibly dream of a very high developed AI that is even capable of adding data that is not in the source at all - though I think it would be very difficult to teach such a software about human aesthetics. One the other hand there are many things possible today in this field (AI) most of us would have thought of as science fiction only ten or twenty years before ... ;)
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: As I understand it, if you have the film's original negative the effective resolution is either slightly less or slightly more than 4K, depending on the type of film and its condition. You can always convert something into a higher definition format - but the resolution can never be higher than the source material.

If it's old enough to have bubbles, scratches, and warping what they typically do is scan the negative in at even higher resolution (like 8K) and then scan in positive prints of the film. Multiple prints whenever possible. Even if all of them are suffering from age no two are likely to have splotches or scratches or distortions in exactly the same places. What's flawed in one will be okay in another. A new composite version is created by using these prints to correct damaged parts of the original. Noise reduction and other techniques can also be applied to see if they improve the image. This process is impossible to completely automate so many hours of tedious work are involved in the digital restoration of a movie.

Everything seems to indicate we will settle for the magic that Ghost does. at least he does his best

Just as they do with the European films they release a version for the American public, I would expect them to do the same for the Europeans
MisterHand1

Post by MisterHand1 »   0 likes

Hi everybody. I'm very new here, and very new to torrenting and ed2k and such. I've been searching all over for the uncropped 4:3 version of this movie, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to download it with the links provided. Whenever I try to use the torrent link that was recently posted, I get caught in a loop where it sends me through this site called mylinks.love or something, which keeps sending me back to where I started. If anybody has any advice regarding how to download this rare film, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

MisterHand1 wrote:Hi everybody. I'm very new here, and very new to torrenting and ed2k and such. I've been searching all over for the uncropped 4:3 version of this movie, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to download it with the links provided. Whenever I try to use the torrent link that was recently posted, I get caught in a loop where it sends me through this site called mylinks.love or something, which keeps sending me back to where I started. If anybody has any advice regarding how to download this rare film, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Don't try to download the torrent. Use the magnet link (under the magnet icon) instead. On many torrent sites you find (potentially harmful) ads when you click the torrent links. Magnet links are generally better for my experience ... ;)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Torrents ARE faster than ed2k but you're more likely to find older movies with eMule because they tend to be shared forever. For help getting eMule set up, look at Step-by-Step eMule Setup. The URLs for things like server lists and IP filters are a little out of date so you should Google for current versions but it should get you going. You might also check uloz.to for direct downloads.
MisterHand1

Post by MisterHand1 »   0 likes

Thanks! I tried using the magnet link for the torrent, but couldn't figure out how to download it. It seems you need a torrent client, which I tried to download but nearly got malware or something. With regards to the eMule stuff, I've gotten as far as the IP address stuff. I'm not sure I wanna go forward with it, since it's a family router/network and I don't wanna mess with it or potentially damage anything. Thanks a lot for the help so far!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

MisterHand1 wrote:Thanks! I tried using the magnet link for the torrent, but couldn't figure out how to download it. It seems you need a torrent client, which I tried to download but nearly got malware or something. With regards to the eMule stuff, I've gotten as far as the IP address stuff. I'm not sure I wanna go forward with it, since it's a family router/network and I don't wanna mess with it or potentially damage anything. Thanks a lot for the help so far!
BitTorrent is the most commonly used torrent client (get it at https://www.bittorrent.com/downloads/win) and works well, but it too needs you to open a port in your router. Doing so won't affect anyone else in your home. A port is merely a communications channel that allows data to come in/go out of the computer. Web pages use port 80 and 8080, ftp uses port 21, etc. The standard ports are already opened in your router but you need to open some non-standard ports - this is what port forwarding does. Torrents only need one port opened, eMule needs two. I usually pick an oddball number like 16000 and 16001 for my eMule ports, 16002 and 16003 for the wife's eMule, 16004 and 16005 for my other computer, and 16006 for torrents. I can't tell you how to set up port forwarding on your router because each brand/model is different but usually it's in extended settings somewhere.

You can run eMule without opening ports but you won't be very happy with it - it will be VERY slow to download anything and you won't be able to use Search.
Limerence

Post by Limerence »   0 likes

Hi, newbie here. So... I just wanted to ask if someone can point out which version that would be the best one as of today if you're interested in; 1) the movie as intact as possible, and; 2) in high definition? There's so many versions out there to download and for someone like me who haven't seen the movie before, it's easy to loose yourself in all this. I'd be glad if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Limerence wrote:I just wanted to ask if someone can point out which version that would be the best one as of today
If you haven't seen this classic you're in for a treat, even though Brooke Shields has to be one of the poorest actresses, child OR adult, Hollywood ever put on film.

I think the best version we have is here: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... 110#p81731

If you're looking for the best quality of any rip, you can't go wrong with anything ghost creates.

If you find something better, post it!
miih

Post by miih »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:[...]
If you find something better, post it!
I think it is better but I couldn't download to verify:
https://filmarchive99.blogspot.com/2020 ... ed-hd.html
https://cinemonsterr.blogspot.com/2020/ ... ed-hd.html