[REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

mexlink

Re: [REL] Pretty Baby (1978)

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

ghost wrote:
Meddlinjabs wrote:Ghost is there any chance you could display the scenes of Brooke shields posing on the daybed, and banging on the door nude when belloq threw her outta his room in Pretty baby? I'd like to see them more clearly as you have fine tuned them to perfection!
Sorry, but I won't post screenshots or movie-clips only for nudity reasons. It's not that difficult to get eMule running.
Sorry for the bother, but is there eng sub file for your upscaled version? Every other sub I've found is out of sync.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Sorry for the bother, but is there eng sub file for your upscaled version? Every other sub I've found is out of sync.
The subs don't fit, because the source was a German TV-version broadcasted many years ago. It has some different cuts. It was a pain in the ass to get the English audio in sync...
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:The subs don't fit, because the source was a German TV-version broadcasted many years ago. It has some different cuts. It was a pain in the ass to get the English audio in sync...
I had tried to get a subtitle to sync with SubtitleEdit and wondered why I could not! Normally different framerates affecting runtime are not a problem. DIFFERENT CUTS. That explains it. Holy crap, the torture you must have gone through with the audio!

This made me look back at my downloads. Thank you ghost, I have a nice collection of your versions from the past 5 years. I remember well your most recent versions: the October 21 2020 version that you quickly canceled, and the replacement from October 25 2020 that has been under recent discussion. I got them both.

But somehow I am losing my mind! I renamed the canceled one as ".canceled" and its replacement as ".ULTIMATE" because it looked pretty damn ultimate to me! Problem is, that ULTIMATE file I have is 3.92GB and the one you are sharing here is 3.49 GB. Otherwise they are the same, with a somewhat higher bitrate on the larger one. The file dates on both the versions I have match when they were Released, so I did not misname them.

Where in the heck did I get the larger one if not here? I can not figure that out. So I got your file from eMule again, checked it out, and it plays fine on all my hardware -- so there is no reason I would have remuxed your file. I certainly did not go looking on competing forums for someone else's AI upgrade.

Were you really sneaky and posted a SECOND replacement file while I was not looking, and you just did not tell anyone? Or is this too long ago for you to remember?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Uuhhh! I knew that this would come back to me sometimes. :?

Simple answer: I wasn't pleased with the colors and made another version, but I didn't want to bother you again with another release to download.
I just replaced the eMule link. The last version looks best to my humble opinion.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

YOU SNEAKY DOG! So I wasted my time watching an inferior version when I could have watched the best!?!!? There is no indication that you edited the post and the next post is 4.5 hours later, so you snuck it in pretty quick. (Unless as moderator you have the ability to remove post-edit notices, and were trying to cover your tracks.) Don't you even watch your AI enhancements before you post them? Next thing, you are probably going to tell us you don't even LIKE the movie, huh?
Grrrrrrrr!!!! :icon_evil2
:icon_biggrin2 :icon_biggrin2 :icon_biggrin2

Now, you DO realize that my supposed explosion of rage is all a put-on and I think this is hilarious, right? I did not get around to actually watching the FIRST "canceled" version, but it was not long until I watched the second. Now I have the gift of another one. Or .... are you working on yet another enhancement and I should wait? :lol:

Confession time ... I think on at least two occasions I have posted something and then realized something was wrong with it and quickly taken it down ... so I will not pretend you are the ONLY one ... :oops:

I am just relieved that despite much evidence to the contrary I may NOT in fact be losing my mind. I am glad you 'fessed up. Thank you for all the Pretty Babies you have given us! It would be a darned shame if I was limited to watching my old DVD ... or my VHS!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But you can be sure, that there will be NO MORE pretty babies anymore. I just spent too much time with this movie yet. ;)
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:
Sully23 wrote: I mean Brooke's set is not known if anyone shares them.
You mean the photo's by Gary Gross like these???? Where she's nude in a bath tub? These are kind of fully, totally and completely googleable....

[Image]
I thought there was one more pics of that set have not been published, even a supposed BTS at min 5:23 https://vimeo.com/566902650.
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:I thought there was one more pics of that set have not been published, even a supposed BTS at min 5:23 https://vimeo.com/566902650.
Eeehm... that link is broken for me, so if you have another one, thanks a lot.

I suppose you DO know and have the Gary Gross set?
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

ghost wrote:My 1080p version of the German TV recording is the best version you can get, and it's also uncroppped. Pretty Baby (1978).1080p.HD.ger-eng.mkv
Should take about 44 days, 22 hours it says...... :D :D :? :? :o :o
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Should take about 44 days, 22 hours it says......
??? :o Then there must be something wrong with your eMule settings. I have a pretty high upload speed.