Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb] :icon_1dancingban
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] TIDELAND (2006)

Post by kev »   4 likes

ghost wrote:what about the english DVD Rip? :cool

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb] :icon_1dancingban
Too cool, ghost!!

Actually I ordered the DVD the other day, and expecting it in Monday.

It's a Russian release on sale at DiabolikDVD [US Distributor]:
http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Bro ... on-5).html

[Image]

I've ordered quite a bit from these guys; they are the BEST as far as getting the orders out to you as quick as possible. VERY reliable company. :bigups

(If you're interested in getting it from them, you better hurry: When I ordered late Friday night, there was 23 copies available. Checking tonight, they list '14'. )

kev.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

ghost wrote:what about the english DVD Rip?

FINALLY!

thanks Ghost! :icon_old
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

Don't expect too much, guys. This movie is extraordinarily weird, so to say, it sucks big time. Not to mention that damn southern dialect most of the guys (even Jeff Bridges) speak, just like they always have a sock in their mouth. :wall

This is only MY opinion about this, don't flame me if you like it.
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

infiniter wrote:Not to mention that damn southern dialect most of the guys (even Jeff Bridges) speak, just like they always have a sock in their mouth. :wall
try the latest f&f movie, tokyo drift, without german dub, man the main character has that strong accent, takes a while toget used to, but good action movie :D
jvlbr

Post by jvlbr »   0 likes

this movie have questionable scene?
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

jvlbr wrote:this movie have questionable scene?
Only some innocent 'kissing' scenes between Jodelle Ferland [11] and Brendan Fletcher [24]. There's no nudity [though there was in the book], and not even suggested sex between the two [though again, in the book Jeliza-Rose and Dickens got into some 'heavy-petting']; only the kissing.

Anyone familiar with ANY of Terry Gilliam's movies [barring 'The Brothers Grimm'] should know [going into a film he's directed] that it's going to be 'weird'. 'Tideland' is no exception to the rule!

However, the entire film rests completely on Jodelle's shoulders; and I found it fascinating to watch: Of the film's 122 mins, she is on-screen about 120... I think that is a TREMENDOUS accomplishment for a 10/11 year old girl. (She turned 11 during the filming of the movie.)

While I don't think Jodelle Ferland is an actress of Dakota Fanning's caliber, I think she did an excellent job with 'Tideland'; especially in creating the different voices for each of her doll heads. While her 'southern-accent' might have been an irritant at first, I personally got caught up in her character, and that didn't detract from my enjoyment of the overall film.

'Tideland' ranks up there, for me, along side of 'Spirit of the Beehive', 'Forbidden Games', 'Pretty Baby' and 'Angela' as one of the more poignant and melancholy films about a 'lost childhood' that's been made in recent years.

It was WELL worth the wait! (Though I'm STILL waiting for it to be released THEATRICALLY! [And THEN the AMERICAN DVD release, where hopefully Gilliam will pile on lotsa extra 'Making-of' features!]) :bigups

kev.
Rich

Post by Rich »   9 likes

stargazer

Post by stargazer »   0 likes

Yay...been awhile since I was here and I don´t have emule installed right now.
I found this on mininova though so..yay.

Personally I love the southern accent.
Upon watching F&F:TokyoDrift I rememberd seeing this great tvseries as a kid; American Gothic.
Highly recomended (unless your allergic to southern accents ;) )

Cheers. Now I only need to find demi-tarif and pan´s labyrinth and I´m set.
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

some behind-the-scenes shots for those interested...

http://www.smart.co.uk/dreams/tidepix.htm

:heart