[REL] Jodie Foster's Rare Movies

FLL

Re: [REL] JODIE FOSTER'S RARE MOVIES

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:Thanks for info!!

This whole priority thing is just confusing.

If I release five films, obviously ill want to set them to release.
Does eMule then decide which of the five will actually be the one to upload the most?
Or is it pointless setting more than one to release.
I agree it's murky, because there isn't a lot of concrete doc and things change with new versions/mods anyway.

I do know you should always set new releases to "Release" and let eMule take over the details from there, though, because Release does more than just upload more of that file. It also tries to spread the file more quickly by uploading different parts to different people, figuring they will then upload those parts to each other and that will save the releaser's bandwidth.

I most often leave priorities for files I download on Auto and let eMule decide the priority from there based on how many other uploaders there are. I do sometimes put the priorities on complete files to low so that there is at least one full source for a file, but letting other sources do some of the work. Most of the files I share perpetually are ones where I am the only source or one of a very few, and I can't provide speedy uploads to all of them at once.
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   8 likes

FLL wrote:As the resident Jodie Foster fan :) I have been trying to find some of the things requested in this thread. Stay tuned.

In the meantime... courtesy of the guys at a.b.m.thelostmovies, here's one of her earliest TV appearances, at about the age of six, on the Doris Day show (originally aired 25 Mar 1969). Doris is called upon to babysit the son and three daughters of a friend who is at the hospital having another baby. Jodie is the next-to-youngest kid. She appears a few times, though not for very long, and hasn't yet developed the personality and style that makes her so endearing later. But it's interesting to see her so much younger than in her movies.

[Image]

As stale as most TV seems today, the Doris Day show is proof it wasn't as good back then as you might remember from your childhood :) This episode is interesting, though, for a few 1960s moments. For example, Doris has car trouble and flags down a car which happens be driven by the town drunk, completely inebriated. He explains "I didn't promise the sheriff I wouldn't drink then drive, I promised him I wouldn't drink while driving." Cue the laugh track. You wouldn't see this today, certainly. Also unlikely to be seen today, is a surprisingly-OT scene where Doris gives the youngest girl a bubble bath. (Not Jodie, obviously, just a little bonus.)

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [233.46 Mb]
Sweet! :thumbsup

So ok, where are all the OT Jodie vids?
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Mmmh i also want to view the spot of Coppertone...anyone can found???
FLL

Post by FLL »   12 likes

Here's one I've been looking for a while, a 1973 episode of the TV series "Kung Fu" in which 11-year-old Jodie Foster plays a major role.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0623147/
Entranced by her mandolin playing, Caine accompanies little Jodie Foster (as Alethea Patricia Ingram) to a waiting stagecoach. When the coach arrives, an unwelcome gunfight results in Ms. Foster mistakenly believing she sees Caine shoot an innocent man to death. Foster's testimony results in Caine being convicted as a murderer.
[Image] [Image]

Of note is that Jodie sings in this episode. She has a good enough voice that in her teens she recorded and released a record in France.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [349.16 Mb]

I have no idea if any of the German speakers at FLM are Jodie fans, but here's a German dubbed version I found before I was able to find the original. In my opinion the dubbing ruins it -- I :heart Jodie's preteen/teen voice -- but you can hear the difference during the song she sings, which is not overdubbed.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [350.29 Mb]
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

Well, as it happens... I love the show Fung-Fu. Thx FLL!
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I started on Jodie Foster rather late in life. The first movie of hers that I saw was Silence Of The Lambs. Then there was Little Man Tate. I think she likes doing unglamorous roles. :bigups It wasn't until I saw her in Maverick that I realised she was pretty. :clap
redcat

Post by redcat »   0 likes

I saw this episode in 2005 and never thought it was Jodie Foster. :eyecrazy
Thanks FLL
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

Loved her earlier stuff, "The Little Girl Who Lived Down the Lane" "Foxes" But mostly the other slutty blonde in "Foxes."

[Image]

[Image]
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Amadeus wrote:Loved her earlier stuff, "The Little Girl Who Lived Down the Lane" "Foxes" But mostly the other slutty blonde in "Foxes."
Funny, from my perspective "Foxes" is one of her *later* movies... I actually never got through Foxes completely. I recall liking "Carny" quite a bit from that JF era, I recently found a copy but have yet to watch it again.

I have a few other JF TV guest roles collected but most are small parts (Adam-12, Bonanza, Courtship of Eddie's Father, Nanny and the Professor)... one of these days I'll clip them and release them together for JF fans. But I have several things of hers which I need to get done first, all VHS or TVRips which need some work.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Just watched the Kung-Fu episode FLL posted. They should have had Chuck Norris in the lead role instead of David Carradine. :)
http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/