[REL] Dawn (2003) [GM]

kev
Site Admin

[REL] Dawn (2003) [GM]

Post by kev »   29 likes

Got the DVD in today!!

Basically this is a 'B&W' [non-color ;) ] 'shot-on-video' release. Probably never even had a theatrical run.

There's a lot that could be considered 'bad' about this movie [the acting, the script, the plotholes... ;) ]; but it SERIOUSLY has a LOT of 'heart'!

And Kacie Young [ http://imdb.com/name/nm1427114/ ], who plays the lead character ['Dawn'] is about the cutest non-professional actress I've ever seen!! While having no 'OT' scenes; this is a sad, coming-of-age movie about a very 'different' young girl.

IMDB link:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0376558/

Synopsis:
Dawn (10yo Kacie Young) is a special little girl, born of two very different parents. Her father, John (Ray Boucher) is human. Her mother, Sarah (Mindy Raymond), is not. Her unique circumstances make it impossible for Dawn to live a normal life. Always traveling from town to town, place to place, Dawn never has the chance to fit in. On the verge of her 10th birthday, she's finding it harder and harder to control the animal instincts hidden deep inside her. Avoiding the authorities at every turn has become commonplace to Dawn and John. Their activities have become routine. Feeding on the life blood of the sick and weak has become Dawn's mainstay and the key to her survival. When a specter of the past arises in the form of psychic Carlton Reed (Jay Reel), Dawn faces her true destiny and brings her to terms with a terrible revelation - is it easier to go on living her tortured, abnormal life, or to give in and do what she feels is right, in her somewhat human heart?
Pix [from THIS rip! :bigups ] {EXCEPT for the poster pix!}:
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

I really liked this one, but then I'm a sucker for 'The-Good-Old-College-Try' Independent films... And I just liked the way at times, Dawn got to act like a fairly 'normal' little girl. (The way they re-arrange and 'modernize' Vampire folklore to fit their needs might irritate 'Horror Purists', but Hey!! :think )

Like I said, the filmmakers had a lot of heart; and I think [to an extent] they succeeded in conveying the hopelessness of a father on the run, that has allowed his daughter to commit atrocities in the name of 'Love'. (I DID say this was a 'sad' movie, didn't I?? ;) )

ed2k links:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [759.44 Mb]

For the 2 CD peeps:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.43 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [59.02 Mb]

Turn off the brain and enjoy! :bigups

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] DAWN (2003) [GM]

Post by ghost »   0 likes

This one looks interesting!!

Thanks kev ;)
Sinema

Post by Sinema »   0 likes

Hey KV, you find some of the rarest stuff that I have never heard of... I love this kind of movie, at least from your comments and review. Thanks a million! Oh, and I especially love the first capture....
stinger1aa

Post by stinger1aa »   0 likes

Sounds and looks good. She is indeed a very cute girl and those fangs make her look even cuter.

Stinger
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I just watched this movie and i must say !!!WOW!!!! :eyecrazy

It liked this 'cheap' looking independent style and the weird funny story. This girl is acting so great! :heart :heart

Thanks kev for this one :clap

Only the end is some kind of depressing.... :(
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Who is the person which don't wont to have a vampire girl like nextdoor girl? eheh :icon_daz
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   8 likes

Sinema wrote:Hey KV, you find some of the rarest stuff that I have never heard of... I love this kind of movie, at least from your comments and review. Thanks a million! Oh, and I especially love the first capture....
stinger1aa wrote:Sounds and looks good. She is indeed a very cute girl and those fangs make her look even cuter.
ghost wrote:I just watched this movie and i must say !!!WOW!!!! :eyecrazy

It liked this 'cheap' looking independent style and the weird funny story. This girl is acting so great! :heart :heart

ARTHORIUS wrote:Who is the person which don't wont to have a vampire girl like nextdoor girl? eheh
LoL! Thanks, all! :thumbsup

Here's the gag/bloopers reel:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [315.73 Mb]

Pix from this rip:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Some really cute moments with Kacie! ;)

kev.
fwtt

Post by fwtt »   0 likes

If every Vampire girl looked like her, sure, i would love to live next to "it". Thanks kev :thumbsup
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

damn, missed this one!! THANS kev!! :cool :cool :bigups :bigups

[Image]

:heart :heart :heart
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   6 likes

kev wrote:
Sinema wrote:Hey KV, you find some of the rarest stuff that I have never heard of... I love this kind of movie, at least from your comments and review. Thanks a million! Oh, and I especially love the first capture....
stinger1aa wrote:Sounds and looks good. She is indeed a very cute girl and those fangs make her look even cuter.
ghost wrote:I just watched this movie and i must say !!!WOW!!!! :eyecrazy

ARTHORIUS wrote:Who is the person which don't wont to have a vampire girl like nextdoor girl? eheh
LoL! Thanks, all! :thumbsup

Here's the gag/bloopers reel:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [315.73 Mb]

Pix from this rip:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Some really cute moments with Kacie! ;)

kev.
It looks like she reached her expiry date in the second photo ;)

As for the rest: cute as hell!!