[REL] From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (1973)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (1973)

Post by ghost »   23 likes

I worked a bit on Warg's 4 GB file and used some filters... I am pretty pleased with the result.
As a smaller-file-alternative, I add this version:

[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.55 Gb]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   41 likes

David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Never seen this before. Watched last night and enjoyed it! The girl is a better actor than the boy I think! Thanks so much Ghost for making this classic available. Reminded me of a British film - the Ealing Comedy - One of our dinosaurs is missing! Maybe that it was a similar era, and set around a museum? I saw that the film is not listed in the elderly actresses bio on Wiki - sacrilege!
And your 720p version is stunning! Looked like a true HD file!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

David32441 wrote:I saw that the film is not listed in the elderly actresses bio on Wiki
You mean Ingrid Bergman on Wikipedia?
1973−1982: Later years and continued success

On 27 September 1972, Fielder Cook's From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler premiered.[122] She plays the titular character, a wealthy recluse who befriends two children who are seeking "treasure" in the Metropolitan Museum of Art .[123]
Ingrid :inlove
David32441

Night457 wrote:
David32441 wrote:I saw that the film is not listed in the elderly actresses bio on Wiki
You mean Ingrid Bergman on Wikipedia?
1973−1982: Later years and continued success

On 27 September 1972, Fielder Cook's From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler premiered.[122] She plays the titular character, a wealthy recluse who befriends two children who are seeking "treasure" in the Metropolitan Museum of Art .[123]
Ingrid :inlove
I missed that bit - did you add it :)
But didn't see the film in the list of films further down... unless my brain was looking for the "The Hideaways" title only? A slightly better title, but is the other based on a book I read?
I read some of her bio - am too young to remember all the scandals. But a wonderful actress taken too young :(
I can imagine people seeing her name all over some versions of the poster, being an hour in, wondering, where the hell is she!? But she was good! Had some tears of joy at the end :)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I don't even know how to edit Wikipedia! I have at some time or another seen pages indicating when edits have been made to Wikipedia, so someone could do that if they really wanted. All I did was try a search for "frankweiler" or something of the like. It seems to be a long article. You were probably just looking for the other movie title. That entry may very well leave out some of her smaller film roles, I was just curious to check this one.

Her scandals are remarkably tame compared to today's world. They went from becoming typical-for-Hollywood to typical-for-society-at-large. Affair, divorce, remarriage. Yawn. They would barely rate a mention in routine celebrity gossip. She died on her 67th birthday from breast cancer. Treatment has improved since then and she might very well have lived longer. I am a fan of her movies from beginning of career to end, but I have not seen all of them. I have not seen this one, and I am looking forward to it even if she just has a glorified cameo. And it has kids in it to keep my attention when she is not onscreen! Alright!

Personally I think "The Hideaways" is a boring title. The original title is from a 1967 children's novel which I have not actually read, but I remember it because the title is absurd and "memorable." I would have a hard time getting it exactly right from memory, however: I just remember it when I see it. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Fumpty Fumper Something!??!! Something mixed-up or other. Aaaagh. Boring as it is, I can actually remember The Hideaways.
David32441

Night457 wrote:I don't even know how to edit Wikipedia! I have at some time or another seen pages indicating when edits have been made to Wikipedia, so someone could do that if they really wanted. All I did was try a search for "frankweiler" or something of the like. It seems to be a long article. You were probably just looking for the other movie title. That entry may very well leave out some of her smaller film roles, I was just curious to check this one.

Her scandals are remarkably tame compared to today's world. They went from becoming typical-for-Hollywood to typical-for-society-at-large. Affair, divorce, remarriage. Yawn. They would barely rate a mention in routine celebrity gossip. She died on her 67th birthday from breast cancer. Treatment has improved since then and she might very well have lived longer. I am a fan of her movies from beginning of career to end, but I have not seen all of them. I have not seen this one, and I am looking forward to it even if she just has a glorified cameo. And it has kids in it to keep my attention when she is not onscreen! Alright!

Personally I think "The Hideaways" is a boring title. The original title is from a 1967 children's novel which I have not actually read, but I remember it because the title is absurd and "memorable." I would have a hard time getting it exactly right from memory, however: I just remember it when I see it. From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Fumpty Fumper Something!??!! Something mixed-up or other. Aaaagh. Boring as it is, I can actually remember The Hideaways.
Editing wikipedia. There used to be an "update" or something link on each paragraph and you could just type text and press save like in this.
I think an actress who has affairs with several directors and several married people would still be pretty scandalous these days. Look at Brangelina for instance!
When she does emerge she has a lot of screen-time and dialogue, so it's more than a cameo for sure. A good week of filming I imagine. I think you'll enjoy it. I'm interested in finding a few more of her films for sure. Yes, it's sad how the treatment didn't seem to help :(
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I sure hope that Wikipedia editing technique required at least logging in with an account! I have seen pages vandalized and turned into propaganda and nonsense before the moderators correct it.

Thanks for reassuring me that it is more than a cameo. I am sure I would like it as a children's film even if she were not in it also. That is just the glazed donut around the burger!
David32441

Night457 wrote:I sure hope that Wikipedia editing technique required at least logging in with an account! I have seen pages vandalized and turned into propaganda and nonsense before the moderators correct it.

Thanks for reassuring me that it is more than a cameo. I am sure I would like it as a children's film even if she were not in it also. That is just the glazed donut around the burger!
Yeah, I've heard of Trump and other pages being vandalised. Even politicians enhancing their own Wiki page! People would always also try and edit popular pages like Simpsons, Tesla with too much stuff.
It used to be that anyone could edit, but yes, many pages are flagged now due to various abuses where only moderators can edit the most sensitive.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

I added English subtitles to my release.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.