[REL] From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (1973)

kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweil

Post by kev »   0 likes

Many thanks, lb!!

With YOU releasing this, at least we know others will be able to get it! ;)

Moved to 'REL'. :thumbsup

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

just finished watching. i am sure i saw this many years ago.fun little film, very enjoyable.
picture and sound was good :dance

:)
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I'm always interested when there's a difference of opinion about a movie, in particular if it's one of my releases so I've been back & watched it again to refresh my memory.
ptg enjoyed it & kev makes no secret of the fact it's not his favourite, so............well I found it so poor & disjointed I actually fell asleep while watching although I did the decent thing when I woke up & rewound to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Nope.........it's a turkey! :wall
Sorry ptg........... :(

lb
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:I'm always interested when there's a difference of opinion about a movie, in particular if it's one of my releases so I've been back & watched it again to refresh my memory.
ptg enjoyed it & kev makes no secret of the fact it's not his favourite, so............well I found it so poor & disjointed I actually fell asleep while watching although I did the decent thing when I woke up & rewound to make sure I wasn't mistaken. Nope.........it's a turkey! :wall
Sorry ptg........... :(

lb
Thank you, lb!!

I try to be positive about movies that filmed on a low budget, because indy films are the roots of some really GREAT cinema!! However they all don't work. I think this is one of them:

It was based on a book that has over the years has proven to be a well-written classic that children continue to enjoy. It starred Ingrid Bergman; an actress that whether you like her films or not [unless you're into 'character studies', most ARE pretty boring ;)] is phenomenal.

I think the blame falls on the director Fielder Cook who was primarily a director of TV movies/shows. Not that that would make him a sub-standard director as he won a few emmys and had many nominations, I just think he missed the mark on THIS film.

BUT there's always someone who can enjoy a film no matter how cheezy or downright bad it is! :heart

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

it is a turkey but a good turkey. it all depends on how its cooked. :cool

:)
berg-man

Post by berg-man »   0 likes

Hello, everyone!

Does anyone know where I can find this movie? Links here don't seem to be working anymore... and it's about the only place in the internet universe that ever had any links at all (my search suggests).

Many thanks,
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   5 likes

Resharing my edit.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.42 Gb]
Assuming you've got eMule configured properly you should find a complete source now. Bear in mind my upload speed is at crap-level until about midnight UK time. If you're identifiable in your eMule username I'll give you a friend slot to help.
I can think of better movies here you might want to download but that's another story............... :)
Oh.......& welcome to the forum!

lb
berg-man

Post by berg-man »   0 likes

Thanks for the prompt reply!

To be honest, I didn't notice the little mule on the left of the link - I remember I tried some years ago that software but found it too complicated... so I'll just download emule again and try the link (already have limewire, hope it won't be a problem).

I can think of better movies here you might want to download but that's another story...
Do tell, any suggestions are most welcome; I've just decided to download all (about 50) movies of Ingrid Bergman (love her), as merely seeing her is a sheer pleasure (managed to find about 30 so far) - which is why I was looking for this movie.

Thanks for the welcome; glad to have found you! I'll certainly have a look around here...
Warg

Re: [REL] From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

Post by Warg »   10 likes

Avi, 853x480 (though players notoriously say it's 720x480 :?), 3.89 GB
I haven't seen the versions above but measured by the pictures it should clearly be a quality upgrade (at 1920x1080 you still have a quite orderly picture)...

[Image]
Quality Sample

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.90 Gb]

BTW: The year should be added - with such a strange name the topic of the thread looks like anything else but a movie ... ;)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (1973)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I think the year may have been left off because an earlier version of phpbb had a maximum characters limit on titles and it went over. It's there now.