[REL] The Missing (2003)

Rich

[REL] The Missing (2003)

Post by Rich »   1 likes

The Missing (2003)

[Image]
In 19th-century New Mexico, a father (Tommy Lee Jones) comes back home, hoping to reconcile with his adult daughter Maggie (Cate Blanchett). Maggie's daughter is kidnapped, forcing father and estranged daughter to work together to get her back.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [701.00 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [701.02 Mb]

Rich :)
infiniter

Re: [REL] The Missing (2003)

Post by infiniter »   1 likes

Came across this one without having noticed it here. Just want to state that Maggie's daughter is played by the cute Jenna Boyd. :bigsmoke:

Other links with good sources:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [698.48 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [681.07 Mb]
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Clarification: there are two daughters. The elder - the one that is kidnapped is Evan Rachel Wood. The younger one is Jenna Boyd.

There is a 2GB version available. Anyone interested? Direct links. :bigups
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

I enjoyed this one, and so got the DVD a few years ago.

I didn’t think it was posted here, what with it being a a regular mainstream title n all.

I always hoped we might see the daughter get more ruffed up by the Indians (native americans, for the PC brigade).

Did you spot Val Kilmer?
emuler

The version I got is 2hrs17min. IMDB lists another version at 154 minutes (extended version) 2hrs34min. Does anyone have more information about what's in the extended version? :think

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338188/
emuler

Found this review on the net:
Note that this “Extended Cut” of The Missing adds about 17 minutes to the running time of the original theatrical version. I’d love to detail all the new segments, but even though I saw The Missing twice before I got this new DVD, I found it hard to recognize the extra footage.

I can identify three added pieces because Howard mentions them in his commentary. In one, Jones shoots a mountain lion, and another shows a confrontation with a tarantula. We also see a scene in which Maggie teaches Dot to kill.

Though I’m less sure, I think the other reinstated segments deal with various character issues. For instance, we find out more about Jones’ past and get some expansion of his relationship with Maggie and the others. These add a little character definition.

But not enough to rescue the movie, unfortunately. The extra length of the film counteracts whatever greater depth they may add. I thought the 137-minute version was too long, so a 154-minute edition becomes downright painful. The 24 people who liked The Missing may get something from this extended cut, but I didn’t.
http://www.dvdmg.com/missingextended.shtml

Enough said, I suppose. :think