[REL] The Gate (1987)

deadarise

[REL] The Gate (1987)

Post by deadarise »   0 likes

[Image]

Louis Tripp was also in another movies - Mama's Going to Buy You a Mockingbird (look for that thread to see a pic of him, the red hair kid)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093075/

http://www.iconsoffright.com/IV_Tibor.htm - check out the movie scene and pics.

Three young children accidentally release a horde of nasty, pint-sized demons from a hole in a suburban backyard. What follows is a classic battle between good and evil as the three kids struggle to overcome a nightmarish hell that is literally taking over the Earth. Written by Anonymous

The removal of an old tree in Glen's backyard reveals a large and mysterious hole. Glen and his sister, Al, are left to look after themselves for three days when their parents go away. This is when strange things begin to happen, all of them centered around the "hole". Written by Rob Hartill

The boy Glen (Stephen Dorff) and his best friend Terry (Louis Tripp) accidentally open a gate to hell when a rotten tree is removed from the backyard of Glen's house. When his dog dies and a friend of Glen's sister, the teenager Alexandra (Christa Denton), buries the animal in the hole, demons from an ancient civilization are released, seeking for two human sacrifices to dominate the world. Glen, Al and Terry, who are spending the weekend alone in the house, fight to save their lives and close the hole. Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

:onfire I saw this movie when I was a kid in 1987 and its my favorite movie! :icon_1dancingban
emuler

Re: [REL] The Gate (1987)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Please edit your post and put the tag [REQ] in the title like it is in the other requests.
deadarise

Post by deadarise »   0 likes

ok, done! i forgot about that lol
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Oh yeah, this is one I remember from early teenage years.

I don’t remember any OT scenes, although back then I wasn’t really looking for them.

I would still like to see this classic again
terry666

Post by terry666 »   14 likes

Just a few things:

(1) This movie is called "The Gate" not "The Gates". Not complaining, but it should be fixed.

(2) I would put this movie with the Canadian releases. It's a great movie and I claim it in the name of my country. I remember this being touted more as a Canadian Film when it came out. It also won a Canadian Genie movie award. There's enough in the USA section anyhow. Go post "Home Alone" and leave us this one!

(3) Do not download this movie for "special" scenes (there are none... well maybe a 'hint' of one), download this film because it rocks!! 'Stepsister from the Planet Weird' has nuthin on this one.

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Dig those 80s pastels
[Image]
[Image]

I wish I could claim this rip. It's Great! Thanks to all responsible.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.46 Gb]

:icon_specool
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

terry666 wrote:...This movie is called "The Gate" not "The Gates". Not complaining, but it should be fixed...
Done! :icon_1dancingban (I noticed it too when it first was posted and never thought to change it until you said that... lol! )

kev.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Wow thanks terry

Not seen this film in a very long time!!
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Thank you Terry and deadarise,

great film. :thumbsup

I am downloading the second one now but I read that it was not nearly as good(hopefully it still has some moments)

cool Avatar deadarise :cool
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:I am downloading the second one now but I read that it was not nearly as good(hopefully it still has some moments)
huh? second one?
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

popdrome wrote:
ptguardian wrote:I am downloading the second one now but I read that it was not nearly as good(hopefully it still has some moments)
huh? second one?
"Gate 2: The Trespassers"
the sequel http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099636/ it was made in 90 but sat for two years because they couldn't find a distributor that wanted it.