emuler

Re: [REL] Phoebe in Wonderland (2008)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I can't wait. I'm downloading it anyway. :blush :heart
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Quality is good enough to go for a release ;)

Thread moved.
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

look maybe you miss understood me there.

1) The watermark didn't bother me one bit.

2) I hadn't watched it yet when I posted that I knew it was watermarked before I downloaded it as that is what DVDScr usually means any way. I've watched alot worse tagged films then that.. property of.... black & white flashes ect. Yes actually Elle did a great job with it. Finally watched it. No I didn't take it as hostile. I just skimmed through it to post some screens saw the mark which isn't as bad as others I've seen.
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

hammers66@fileheaven wrote:Phoebe In Wonderland (2008) FESTiVAL-DVDSCR-XViD-5MeOAMT

[Image]
Genre : Drama

Tagline : Dare to dream your life.

Plot : The fantastical tale of a little girl who won't - or can't - follow the rules. Confounded by her clashes with the rule-obsessed world around her, Phoebe seeks enlightenment from her unconventional drama teacher, even as her brilliant but anguished mother looks to Phoebe herself for inspiration.

Code: Select all

PHEOBE IN WONDERLAND::

IMDB nfo::
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034325
User Rating / 7.2 /10
Votes      / 193 /

-nfo::
Audio - MP3      /  95kbps  / English
Video - XViD    /  777kbps  / 640x352 / PAL 25 fps /
U.S            /  1 hour 35 mins
Costume Design /  Kurt and Bart
Writer        /  Daniel Barnz
Producer    /  Ben Barnz, Lynette Howell
Director    /  Daniel Barnz
Production /  George Paaswell
Editor    /  Robert Hoffman
Composer /  Christophe Beck

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034325/

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.63 Mb]
Possible bad AR... screens look slightly off :think
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Yes, the releaser took the time to blur out the text messages of the watermark. :thumbsup However, this is a keeper, so I'll download the DVDrip too when it becomes available, eventually. Until then I'll watch this. :dance
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

emuler wrote:...However, this is a keeper, so I'll download the DVDrip too when it becomes available, eventually. Until then I'll watch this...
To be honest, I think THIS is a movie that should be seen AT the movie theater, if at all possible: When it's released in December we should do our best to support it.

Maybe I'm strange, but my thinking is that if enough people don't go see this movie and others like it, it's just going to get harder for people to make movies like this. IE: No forseeable market, no one is going to invest in it.

'Tideland' is a good case in point: Terry Gilliam pretty much had to depend solely on HIS money to get the film made and then after that, it was virtually impossible for him to find a studio that was willing to release it.

It hardly got any theatrical releases that I'm aware of, and sat on the shelf until it's DVD release last year. No matter how much that his 'heart is in the project' in the future; I'm sure Terry will think twice about investing too much when he gets so much opposition...

I understand that $$ is tight these days, and I'm all for handouts [and for HANDING out when I can ;) ], but to only take from an industry and not give a little back, well... Again, I think movies like this deserve our support. I am VERY anxious to see this again on the BIG screen!! :onfire

kev.
Quickone

I agree I try to get out to go see a movie when I can. Tideland didn't do well money rise I think they expect the same thing for this film -- Hope not. According to imdb this film is playing now and will be on DVD soon hrmmmm.
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

Also available on torrent for quick DL:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4435639 ... iD-GABRiEL

Phoebe in Wonderland Trailer:
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LX1EmPPF8t4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Torrent Sampler:
<embed src="http://www.veoh.com/veohplayer.swf?perm ... AutoPlay=0" allowFullScreen="true" width="410" height="341" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashpl ... [b]<--Full Screen Button[/b]
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

quickone wrote:... According to imdb this film is playing now and will be on DVD soon hrmmmm.
imdb wrote:Country Date
USA 20 January 2008 (Sundance Film Festival)
Germany 7 February 2008 (European Film Market)
USA 6 April 2008 (Philadelphia International Film Festival)
USA 23 April 2008 (RiverRun International Film Festival)
USA 25 April 2008 (Newport Beach International Film Festival)
USA 25 April 2008 (Boston International Film Festival)
USA 6 June 2008 (Seattle International Film Festival)
USA 13 June 2008 (Maui Film Festival)
USA December 2008 (limited)
I see it's playing the festival circuit right now, but 'limited' release [in the theaters to the general public] doesn't seem to be due until December.

I guess my worry is that if this ed2k release gets REALLY wide play most folks won't want to spend the $8 to $12 [not to mention the gas, food ect. that's usually spent on a night out] per person to see it in the theater as they've already seen it.

Although:
Patricia Clarkson wrote:...This year,her little sister Elle is here with her film Phoebe in Wonderland — and no, it does not involve any rape scenes. In fact, it is a very light and fluffy fairly tale-esque story about a little girl who is just struggling to fit in.

Fanning plays Phoebe, the daughter of two writers (Bill Pullman and Felicity Huffman) who has a wild imagination that leads her to be an outcast at school. When the other kids pick on her, she lashes out, not understanding why she can’t stop herself from hurting herself and others. The only time she is calm and at peace is when she is rehearsing for her role in the school play of “Alice in Wonderland” at the direction of her eccentric theater teacher.
Patricia Clarkson couldn't be more wrong; Phoebe appears to exhibit severe Obsessive Compulsive behavior as well as signs of Schizophrenia with possible suicial tendencies. (At the end it's brought out that she has a form of 'Tourette Syndrome'.) This is no "[very] light and fluffy fairly tale-esque story about a little girl who is just struggling to fit in." ;)

This is going to be a pretty tough film to market as it is: In fact [I'm not one for censorship] but if they don't edit out the 'f*cks' [Elle even says it! :eyecrazy ] in this movie it's bound to get an 'R' rating in the US. PG-13 isn't so bad, but it is probably going to have to be marketed to adults, as this is NOT a 'fluffy' little children's film.

It DOES tend to play off as a 'Lifetime Movie Channel' movie at times, but I'll have to admit I was VERY impressed with Elle! She's coming into her own, and though I don't think she's the natural that her sister is, she moved me and made me care for Phoebe immensely. And for what I've thought about Elle in the past; THAT's saying a lot!! :thumbsup

I really, really liked this movie. I plan on seeing it at the cinema should it ever play, AND I plan on purchasing the DVD when it's released!!

kev.
Quickone

I'd still pay to see it but I do find most cinemas a price ripoff now a days.. costs about over $20 down here.