[REL] Bugsy Malone (1976)

Rich

Re: [REL] Bugsy Malone (1976)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

idler wrote: Well, I'm not going to post torrent links on Rich's board, but you got mail... :blush
ghost's board now ;) nice to be remembered on my long absences these days though :( :icon_givebeer
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

3 of us have been sitting for a while on this file now at only 18.55mb left out of 4.60gb. :wall yet i see a complete source listed almost everyday? any ideas or links to another blu-ray rip? could someone pm this guy, maybe that would help. i tried but no answer. :pray :pray i am assuming he is posting other stuff and has this on low priority.
:)
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

I just sent a message to the original source. Have to wait... :icon_waiting
idler

@ ptguardian & loverboy: Tks for co-operation. We made a good team! :onfire
ptguardian

Thanks idler, now to strip the russian dub and convert. :onfire :onfire

:cool

loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

idler wrote:@ ptguardian & loverboy: Tks for co-operation. We made a good team! :onfire
Am I to assume this has completed?
I'm not at work so have no idea!

lb
idler

@ loverboy: yep.
@ ptguardian: Doesn't make sense to remove the Russian track; it won't fit on a dvd5 anyway. Problem is the English track that is slightly too big.
ptguardian

@idler- vlc is good but ps3 and a 67" is way way better. blu-ray is for the big screen.
i am separating the russian track out and retaining original audio for conversion of a m2ts file first so i can watch on ps3. than possibly a compressed mp4 for up load. if loverboy makes a conversion first that would be cool to. :cool

those of you that haven't invested in a good up converter such as a ps3 are really missing out. watching files like this are way better than any dvd you can buy. consider it a mini blu-ray. yes it is that good. ;)
:thumbsup
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

My initial reaction is to just sit back & enjoy the superb quality of this rip, but........
I've removed the two unwanted audio streams & subtitle stream which has brought the filesize down to 4.37gb which may (or may not!) fit on a DVD5.
If I did convert & release it would be in XviD avi/mp3 format with a file size probably around 2gb..........I'm not sure yet.........

lb
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   17 likes

1080p UPGRADE
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
My, this all-child gangster musical is a strange film! I have to wonder what they were thinking with the gangster weapon of choice, the Splurge Gun, with the victims getting facials of sticky white goo. (See screenshot 11.) Hmmm. I suppose it was better than having children in a movie with blood and brains splattered on the walls, so they made it "cute" instead. There are funny moments, but everyone plays it straight so it works as a drama. Of course I decided to watch it because of Jodie Foster as a floozy singer moll, but there are some other really good performances in it. Pre-"Happy Days" Scott Baio is good as Bugsy Malone, but the real standout for me was John Cassisi as Fat Sam. He plays a gangster boss to perfection, and I was surprised he did not continue long in show business. I see his performance reflected in later adult roles like Robert De Niro as Capone in The Untouchables (1987), Joe Pesci as Tommy DeVito in Goodfellas (1990) (see screenshot 9), and Jon Polito as Johnny Caspar in Miller's Crossing (1990).

The one major flaw was that while the music was good, the songs were clearly done with the children lip-synching to adult singers, including the composer Paul Williams. Was it too much effort to cast children who could also sing, if this was to be a musical?

Streaming / direct sources:
720p English streaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WCRc0jBOus
1080p Turkish / English dual-language direct-download (NOT VERIFIED):
https://ulozto.net/file/L6XkTHLEuMXr/bu ... f5BGLmMN==

English regular and SDH subtitles synced to the emule file below:
Bugsy.Malone.1976.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.English subtitles.zip
|
This version is 1080p English 5.1:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.79 Gb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.