Post by emuler »   1 likes

ROFL This belongs here:

So Bad Its Good http://bad-good.org
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Kiss Daddy Goodbye (1981)

Post by kev »   0 likes

I HAVE to weigh in on THIS one! :bigups
loverboy wrote:Don't hold your breath.......it's not that good! ...
Truer words were never spoken!!

In the 'Goldy' posts I think I made a small list of really horrendous movies featuring young girls that were absolutely terrible actresses. If you'll check, I think you'll find THIS movie on that list... (Never mind checking; here it is: :) )
kev wrote:To be honest, these movies might be worth getting in the same vein of acquiring 'Eyes of the Amaryllis' [Martha Byrne], 'Tuck Everlasting' [the ORIGINAL 1981 version with Margaret Chamberlain], 'Anna to the Infinite Power' [Martha Byrne, again: *shiver*], 'Cauchemares' aka 'Cathy's Curse' [Randi Allen], 'Kiss Daddy Goodbye' [Nell Regan], 'The Child' [Rosalie Cole]; ALL possibly worth keeping as these have to be some of the absolute WORST young girl actresses EVER to be put on celluloid!!
I've never seen two lead actors look so positively self-conscious of being filmed as Nell and her brother Patrick. Their delivery of lines is completely devoid of any feeling... Probably the fact that their father was the DIRECTOR of the movie is the only reason they weren't canned after the screen tests! ;)

But as has been said before with films this inept: The sheer crappiness of the movie is it's main REDEEMING value! :thumbsup

kev.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

kev wrote: But as has been said before with films this inept: The sheer crappiness of the movie is it's main REDEEMING value! :thumbsup
Exactly.......a man after my own heart! :) loverboy can always be relied on to post a bit of poo........
In the spirit of the forum I will try to warn people though! :)
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

kev wrote:I've never seen two lead actors look so positively self-conscious of being filmed as Nell and her brother Patrick. Their delivery of lines is completely devoid of any feeling... Probably the fact that their father was the DIRECTOR of the movie is the only reason they weren't canned after the screen tests! ;)

But as has been said before with films this inept: The sheer crappiness of the movie is it's main REDEEMING value! :thumbsup

kev.
The idea a director is determined to cast his kids in a movie, in spite of how absolutely unsuited for acting they be is actually... heart warming. I will download this movie in that vain.

Thx Loverboy.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Amadeus wrote:The idea a director is determined to cast his kids in a movie, in spite of how absolutely unsuited for acting they be is actually... heart warming.
lol!

I have to admit, I agree with you there. They are forever immortalized on celluloid, thanks to Daddy. :heart

Beats the hell outta home movies! ;)

kev.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

kev wrote:
Amadeus wrote:The idea a director is determined to cast his kids in a movie, in spite of how absolutely unsuited for acting they be is actually... heart warming.
lol!

I have to admit, I agree with you there. They are forever immortalized on celluloid, thanks to Daddy. :heart

Beats the hell outta home movies! ;)

kev.
Poor kids. They're probably still being teased about it. :icon_biggrin2
My daddy by Ogden Nash

I have a funny daddy
Who goes in and out with me
And everything that baby does
My daddy’s sure to see,
And everything that baby says,
My daddy’s sure to tell.
You must have read my daddy’s verse.
I hope he fries in hell.
saroyan

Post by saroyan »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082620/

[Image]

Michael and Beth are twins with a special ability they call "The Power". They can communicate without speaking , levitate objects, and even raise the dead. When their father is attacked by a group of bikers loitering in his hot tub, the twins can't use their power to help him out of fear that "the men in suits" will come take them away once they're found out. After watching their father being shot, stabbed and beaten, they decide to use "the power" to ask daddy for help one last time, by raising him from the dead and sending him out to unleash zombie revenge on the biker gang that killed him.

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Notable for pop-singer Fabian in the title role, cute kids but very little else..........I'm not expecting a stampede over this.
Not my rip although I've played a bit to sharpen up the image. Average quality VHS rip. Usual thanks to the originator.

Kiss Daddy Goodbye VHSRip loverboy edit.avi

Enjoy!
Please re-share.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:Michael and Beth are twins with a special ability they call "The Power". They can communicate without speaking , levitate objects, and even raise the dead. When their father is attacked by a group of bikers loitering in his hot tub, the twins can't use their power to help him out of fear that "the men in suits" will come take them away once they're found out. After watching their father being shot, stabbed and beaten, they decide to use "the power" to ask daddy for help one last time, by raising him from the dead and sending him out to unleash zombie revenge on the biker gang that killed him.
What the hell are bikers doing loitering in the guy's hot tub?

On second thought, I really don't want to know. :icon_biggrin2