[REL] Let Me In (2010)

ptguardian

Re: [REL] Let Me In (2010)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

those of you that don't understand what r6 means . check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

:cool

something i want to add is that i do not usually include a sample. i posted one for the rip up above. i did this because even though many times even a screener will be accepted here as a release. i think this movie deserves better and i figured the sample would help those that can't wait for a better copy decide for them selves if they want it now. i think it is only respectful to all the fans here to give you fair warning.;)
i have this pre-ordered on blu-ray so it matters not to me. i would however like everyone else to enjoy it as well.

i know all the Chloe fans will love this movie. i saw it twice at the theater. one of her best. very cool. :heart
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   4 likes

Screencaps (Retail R1 Rip)

[Image]

[Image]

ED2K Links:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [697.19 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.54 Mb]

NOTE: My brightness tab is set a bit high but it is a Retail R1 you can set to release now.
ptguardian

SWEET Thanks quickone :thumbsup
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks quickone and ptg! :clap :clap :bigups
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   5 likes

blip

Post by blip »   0 likes

I am a bit jaded as having seen Let the Right One In, but have to admit this is one of hollywoods best remakes. They kept it very close to the original film in atmosphere and script.
I didn't think that was possible for U.S. film making.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Blip wrote:I am a bit jaded as having seen Let the Right One In, but have to admit this is one of hollywoods best remakes. They kept it very close to the original film in atmosphere and script.
I didn't think that was possible for U.S. film making.
They still managed to get a car crash in there - if the acid splash wasn't so important to the plot I'm sure they'd have had the car explode spectacularly even though that very rarely happens in real life. I will say the chaotic interior view while the crash was happening was much more effective than an exterior view of a car jumping 40 feet in the air, doing three spins, two flips, and an imitation of the Flying Wallendas. It was a car crash but it was performed with a little finesse for a change.

I was also surprised the cop didn't crank off a few rounds with his pistol in Abby's apartment - Hollywood doesn't think a film is good without explosions and gunfire. Most cops REALLY hate having to fire their weapons because of all the paperwork they have to do afterwards, and high-speed chases are almost a thing of the past.

For a fantasy/horror film, Let Me In was way above average, probably because it was a remake, not a first-timer, so they needed to follow the story more closely than they may have otherwise been inclined. The blood and gore were there but weren't overdone, and the interactions between Abby and Owen were very very good. Chloe played Abby as very innocent - someone who's intelligent and has lived a long time, especially with a boyfriend all those years, can't be that naive - but that added to her charm and helped make her a lovable monster. I really liked when Owen picked up the strip of photos and realized just who the boy in the pictures with Abby really was.
blip

Post by blip »   0 likes

I agree with your points. I have to add that the car rolling over with the camera angle entirely in the car is completely un-hollywood like.
But in either film, I have not seen another film portraying such a universally evil or terrifying character in such a sad or totally sympathetic way.
You see her kill but feel sad for her having to do so for an eternity just to survive.

Last post on the subject. I don't want to clutter the forum.
deadarise

Post by deadarise »   0 likes

I bought Let Me In DVD last month and I watched it last night ! it was awesome! The only scene that was not on film was where Chloe was sleeping naked with the boy which that they cut that ! The camera was looking at them from the top but on dvd, you can see them from the boy's face and Chloe in background went blurry where she was taking off her clothes! They should add that to deleted scene on dvd but only 1 is not fair! They should add more !!!

Anyway, Let Me In is awesome! Chloe is beautiful! :heart :icon_1dancingban
ptguardian

There is a short deleted scene where she is playing with a puzzle. she is leaning over wearing a loose dress. blu-ray has three deleted scenes :cool