[REL] Rachel, Rachel (1968)

jkecal

[REL] Rachel, Rachel (1968)

Post by jkecal »   1 likes

Admin Note: This topic was split from [REL] The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Nell Potts (Matilda) was 13 when the movie was released and was only in one other movie (Rachel, Rachel when she was nine), again with her mother Joanne Woodward as the main star and her father Paul Newman as director - I guess her movie-star parents didn't encourage her to follow in their footsteps.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063483/

Like this post to see ed2k links  [970.26 Mb]
[Image][Image][Image]

By my opinion, it is natrural, that film director requring child actor first looks to his own family or families of main adult actors. Confidence of child actor to others is created slowly, and so work with such family actors is easier, since mutual confidence is easily reached. The same can be applied to child actors, which have directors or actors some premilinary experience with.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Rachel, Rachel (1968)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

jkecal wrote:By my opinion, it is natrural, that film director requring child actor first looks to his own family or families of main adult actors. Confidence of child actor to others is created slowly, and so work with such family actors is easier, since mutual confidence is easily reached. The same can be applied to child actors, which have directors or actors some premilinary experience with.
Thanks for the link, jkecal. If I remember the summaries correctly, Nell Potts played the younger version of Joan Woodward's character and is seen somewhat briefly in flashbacks so her screen time isn't high, but this is a "classic" - it got 4 Oscar nominations but couldn't beat out Planet of the Apes, 2001: A Space Odyssey, etc. and mostly fell off the radar. Thanks for bringing it here - maybe it can be split off into its own thread.