[REL] Just in Time (1997)

For An Angel

Re: [REL] Just in Time (1997)

Post by For An Angel »   2 likes

Now that that's settled :thumbsup I have a question about the file. Like this post to see ed2k links  [693.23 Mb]

From what I understand, M4Vs are files that come from iTunes. I have a movie in that format that I want to share but I was worried that other people would not be able to play the file. When I got a new computer recently and transferred the file from my old computer, I couldn't play it until I 'registered' my new computer with my iTunes account. I've tried looking for programs that could convert it into another format but none of them worked. So, I guess my question is, is this file from iTunes? And if it is, has anybody else been able to play it? If this is actually a DVDrip then is there a particular reason why it's an M4V?
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

@ForAnAngel
An m4v is just a container, it is an MP4 that can play on multiple devices such as Ipad or Mac some smart phones, psp Etc.... I like this format because of the sharp picture at a small size and it plays very well with the PS3(my purpose). I ripped this a while ago for myself and decided to share it.(I like this movie) I have other programs I use now that do xvid avi. (more popular here). this plays fine in all media players but if you want to convert it to something else like an avi. I suggest a program called Freemake video converter(extremely simple and fast it also converts almost any format common today). this is referring to my rip.

the itunes file you have is a encrypted DRM digital file and needs a registration key to watch it. I am not sure if it has individual tracking code just for you or if multiple people can register the same file. I would suggest trying to convert it first instead of sharing it or PM someone here that might be able to for you.

Does this help you? :)
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

I will look for that program and give it a shot when I have some time. Thanks for your help :blush
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

m4v is just a container created by apple so they could include their DRM. That (and AC3 support) is the main difference between .m4v and .mp4. The fact it's a .m4v container actually doesn't itself affect picture quality at all, that's based on the encoding codec and parameters used. The same video encoding could be put in an mp4 or mkv unchanged. m4v video is usually encoded to be compatible with apple hardware since that is its reason for existence.

First thing to do if your hardware can't play an unencypted m4v is to try renaming it to .mp4. Often it's that easy.

If that doesn't work, I use a useful free open source program named mkvmerge. It can strip the audio and video streams from different file types and quickly repack them unchanged into a .mkv. Google mkvtoolnix to find it, the included mmg gui makes it easy. Also useful for mkv files your hardware won't play due to header compression.

If that still doesn't work, the m4v might actually have the DRM enabled.