[REL] Anne Frank: The Whole Story (2001)

For An Angel

[REL] Anne Frank: The Whole Story (2001)

Post by For An Angel »   16 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0246430/

[Image]
Anne Frank: The Whole Story is a mini-series based on the book Anne Frank: The Biography by Melissa Müller. The mini-series aired on ABC on May 20 and 21, 2001. The series starred Ben Kingsley, Brenda Blethyn, Hannah Taylor-Gordon, and Lili Taylor. Controversially, but in keeping with the claim made by Melissa Müller, the series asserts that the anonymous betrayer of the Frank family was the office cleaner, when in fact the betrayer's identity has never been established. A disagreement between the producers of the mini-series and the Anne Frank Foundation about validity of this and other details led to the withdrawal of their endorsement of the dramatization, which prevented the use of any quotations from the writings of Anne Frank appearing within the production. Hannah Taylor-Gordon received both Golden Globe and Emmy Award nominations for her performance as Anne Frank, while Ben Kingsley won a Screen Actor's Guild Award for his performance as Otto Frank, Anne's father.
I'm a little surprised this one wasn't here. IMHO, it is the definitive version of the coming of age story of only the most famous girl in history. The story begins before she goes into hiding and continues until after her arrest and covers her experiences in the concentration camps. Basically, it covers the last 6 years of her life so it's a long movie ("Titanic" long) but it never seems to drag at any point. It was originally shown over 2 days on ABC but I've always only seen it in one sitting. To make it easier for people who may not want to or be able to do that, I've separated the movie into three parts which works better than 2 because the 1st one basically covers her life before hiding, the 2nd is the 2 years she spent in the secret annex and the 3rd is arrest and concentration camps. The actress who played Anne was 13 when she made this film and technically portrays Anne from ages 9 to 15, although her exact age in the early scenes is not mentioned. But she is very skinny, so the early scenes are just as believable as the later scenes when she is older but starving in the camps. This is not just a sad movie, it's devastating. This is probably the saddest movie I've ever seen and I've seen lots of them.

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [457.41 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [408.21 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [552.78 Mb]

When the war began, she was only a little girl. When it ended, she was the voice of a generation...
vidman49

Re: [REL] Anne Frank: The Whole Story (2001)

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

For An Angel wrote:The actress who played Anne was 13 when she made this film and technically portrays Anne from ages 9 to 15, although her exact age in the early scenes is not mentioned. But she is very skinny, so the early scenes are just as believable as the later scenes when she is older but starving in the camps.
That is a lot better than the Classic "Diary of Anne Frank," where the actress playing the 9-15 year old girl was 20 years of age. I hate movies that do that. This one sounds a lot better.

THANKS!!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Anne Frank: The Whole Story (2001)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

For An Angel wrote:I'm a little surprised this one wasn't here.
Me too, never really thought about it. I've had this film off for 3 or 4 years. Not a happy film but very good.