[REL] The Blue Lagoon (1980)

starfish21

Re: [REL] The Blue Lagoon (1980)

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

sorry phuzz,i just came across it,and when i saw how untidy the original release was,i reckoned it would make a good upgrade.The caps practically tell the story on their own.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

HDTV is very nice at times. It always makes me smile when I hear someone is amazed at an old film looking so good. FYI film is higher definition than 1080p. In fact most film is higher definition than 2160p. If it is kept in a film vault(preserved) and most films are, when transfered correctly to digital it can look as good and many cases better than when it was first shown at the theaters. The expense of doing a great transfer has dropped dramatically in recent years and also the technology has improved and still improving. As such we will see many of these films of the distant past reborn. Many movies never released on video are turning up on blu-ray and HDTV every month.I have seen movies from the 30s and 40s on TCM HD channel that look as good as any film made today. No longer do we have the excuse of anyone saying they cannot find anything to release when by example starfish provides us with a great HDTV rip upgrade almost every week.

Thanks starfish :thumbsup
babuada

Post by babuada »   0 likes

thanks starfish. great upgrade
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

Bluray rip finally released :D

Same as Rapture this was a limited release Blu-ray
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Blue- ... ray/43907/

The.Blue.Lagoon.1980.720p.BluRay.x264
http://torrentz.eu/3574b3de2ec7551e1b56 ... e669979ecd

The HDTV rip posted here is probably good enough for most(great rip). Just giving heads up for the HD purists.
starfish21

i scene it pop up earlier,i doubt it's any better than my one,at twice the size.
ptguardian

starfish21 wrote:i scene it pop up earlier,i doubt it's any better than my one,at twice the size.
Picture is a bit better with the bluray rip but unless you are watching on a big screen there isn't that much difference. The DTS audio does have a lot more depth and pop but unless you have better than average speakers and cranking it a bit you may not notice. Like I said just giving heads up for the purists. I will buy the Blu-ray at some point. What you posted is a great rip and will be more than ample for most.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

The only reason one might go for the BRrip is if it contains stuff that was not there in the previous release. This does not seem to be the case - the duration is the same in both cases.
ptguardian

Just to make it clear by linking to the large size blu-ray rip I was not suggesting it for an up-grade to be posted here and I said twice now the rip already here would be more than ample/enough for most. :roll:

It has nothing to do with extra scenes/stuff it has all to do about enjoying our favorite scenes already present in the best manner possible. For HD enthusiasts who have high end big TVs such as myself and have very good sound system there is always a reason to go for the Blu. This blu-ray is 'rare' and expensive and for those that cannot buy it the link I posted is the best alternative I could find. ;)
starfish21

if you just look at my caps,you don't need to see the movie,hows that for space saving? :D
ptguardian

I have no doubt to a few people here that is all they want. :lol: