Post by popdrome »   0 likes

ghost wrote:I found this film in Full HD
you did? ooh nice!

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Foreign Letters (2012)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Thanks ghost, this was terrific! It was especially moving to discover at the end that
Spoiler:

this is the director's own autobiographical story. She also plays the role of her own mother, which I noticed from the credits after thinking while watching it "Wow, the actress playing the mother is really good!"
One thing others may want to know in advance of watching: I noticed that at about 59 minutes 14 seconds there was an audio glitch that suddenly put the soundtrack 1.3 seconds ahead of the video for the remainder of the film. This was easy enough to fix live in VLC using
Tools / Effects and Filters / Syncronization: 1.3 second delay.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I noticed that at about 59 minutes 14 seconds there was an audio glitch that suddenly put the soundtrack 1.3 seconds ahead of the video
:cry: Oh damn.. I have to fix this. I don't know it happened.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I don't know where you got it, but this may be a problem with the original source rather than an error in downloading or copying it. There does not seem to be any video glitch but an audio glitch is easily heard at the point it goes out of sync.

I watched the rest of the movie without fixing it, which was not too distracting because the subtitles are still synced properly. Since I do not watch movies in VLC, my own easy-lazy fix was this: create a new audio track delayed 1.3 seconds with mkvmerge, and then mux the delayed track in as a second audio track with the original. Name the new file something like
"Foreign.Letters.(2012).SwitchToDelayedAudioTrackAt59min14sec.mkv" Then should I watch it again, I just switch to audio track 2 at the proper point, when I notice it is not synced.

While I have done plenty of delaying the start time of audio when muxing from multiple sources, I have done very little editing of the audio file itself. Off the top of my head as to HOW, I could only imagine going into Audacity again. I did not want to do that -- I am not a sound engineer! When I posted on FLM to let everyone know and saw that this was a release by ghost, I immediately thought to myself "There is a good chance he will decide to fix this properly."

If and when you do, just make sure that you post again so that I know about it, rather than sneaking the new version in as one of those secret replacements, alright? ;)

Thanks!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

It's been exatly 1.3 seconds delay. I've cut out a little slice of the video. Everything's in sync now and you won't notice anything. ;)

I replaced the ed2k link.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

ghost wrote:Everything's in sync now and you won't notice anything. ;)
OH MY GOD you CENSORED THE MOVIE!??!?! I will surely notice that!

Since I have watched that portion of the movie about 40 times I probably WILL notice the missing 1.3 seconds, actually. For the next two weeks anyway. Then the brain fog will take over and I will not be sure I ever watched the movie in the first place.

Thank you much!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Since I have watched that portion of the movie about 40 times I probably WILL notice the missing 1.3 seconds, actually.
Give it a try. I doubt, if you can tell me, what part is missing in the censored movie. :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

[Image]