[REL] The Bad Seed (1985)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Bad Seed (1985)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I had a ZX80 with the memory module. I felt like using a sledgehammer on it more than once because no matter how careful you were, the slightest bump moved the memory module and rebooted. I ended up soldering it to the ZX80 motherboard. Couldn't use it as a doorstop after that. :lol:

I had a TI99a too - K-Mart had them on sale for $30 and they had a $50 rebate coupon in them. They paid ME $20 to take their computer. It actually wasn't that bad, it had a couple features I wished other computers had, but its BASIC was compiled, not interpreted, so when you hit RUN, it could take it a while before displaying anything.
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

There is also a 2018 version t.v. movie. Rob Lowe stars & Directed it. Also stars McKenna Grace. Patty McCormack makes a cameo.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Quickone wrote:There is also a 2018 version t.v. movie. Rob Lowe stars & Directed it. Also stars McKenna Grace. Patty McCormack makes a cameo.
https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... 25&t=12062
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

yeah. I figured as much it would be here.
omg

Post by omg »   0 likes

relic wrote:I can see the envy in your eyes. If Emuler has a spectrum he might allso have a ZX80, the most devious early personal computer. In my opinion the ZX80 had the best tiny basic that was ever developed and I did try to beat it but failed.
Oh yeah, I remember the CP/M operating system and the PEEK and POKE commands of the Basic :oops:
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

omg wrote:Oh yeah, I remember the CP/M operating system and the PEEK and POKE commands of the Basic :oops:
Would have thought then that once you would be able to "PEEK" and "POKE" whole movies? :think :lol:
relic

Post by relic »   0 likes

R I P
Sir Clive Sinclair, the man behind the Sinclair Spectrum and the first computer to retail for under a hundred dollars (the Sinclair ZX-81, A.K.A. The Timex/Sinclair 1000), died September 15 after battling a long illness. His daughter, Belinda, said he died at home in London on Thursday morning after a long illness.

Sinclair invented the pocket calculator but was best known for popularising the home computer, bringing it to British high-street stores at relatively affordable prices. Many modern-day titans of the games industry got their start on one of his ZX models. For a certain generation of gamer, the computer of choice was either the ZX Spectrum 48K or its rival, the Commodore 64. Belinda Sinclair, 57, told the Guardian: "He was a rather amazing person. Of course, he was so clever and he was always interested in everything. My daughter and her husband are engineers so he'd be chatting engineering with them." He left school at 17 and worked for four years as a technical journalist to raise funds to found Sinclair Radionics.