[REL] Princess (2014) [Israel]

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Princess (2014) [Israel]

Post by ghost »   72 likes

Updated link in better quality without any hardcoded subtitles: ;)

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.99 Gb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [32.5 Kb]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

I love these "gets into dark territory" movies. I am very curious about this one!

For anyone interested in this strange movie, it's available for free streaming in 720p at this tubitv link with English subs.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:12 am I love these "gets into dark territory" movies. I am very curious about this one!

For anyone interested in this strange movie, it's available for free streaming in 720p at this tubitv link with English subs.
Thanks pillowabaker! I got a 1080p Amazon WEB-DL at around 5GB, additionally to the DVD-R and 720p.HDTV versions that are also available.

This Film looks interesting, I might actually give it a full watch for its story/acting.

LOL one IMDb review says the actress was 19yo playing a 13yo.

Another review (other ones on IMDb are actually positive about the film):

One of the worst films I've ever seen, and not due to subject matter
ericobnn24 May 2020
Let me get something straight out of the way: there are people who give poor ratings to a film because they are offended by its subject matter, that is, they use their voting power as an attempt of censorship. I'd like to assure you that I am not one of those people. In fact, I prefer films that tackle difficult subjects because those are usually the ones that teach you something new, make you re-evaluate old prejudices or see certain things in a new light. In short, I firmly believe it's by being willing to get out of one's comfort zone that one evolves.

This isn't a bad film because it offends my sensibilities; it offends my sensibilities by being a bad film. The only things going for it are the acting and filmography.

In terms of telling a story, it's really bad, especially the almost non-existent narrative coherence. The film jumps from scene to scene without much logical connection between them, characters do weird things to each other one scene and are completely-fine-as-if-nothing-ever-happened the next scene, and it is, more often than not, impossible to discern what actually happened and what is perhaps a product of the main character's imagination. My girlfriend, who watched it with me, described the film as "crazy" at first, and as the credits rolled, "totally pointless", referring to how incredibly unsatisfying the ending was. It's a film that sets a lot of things up but ultimately doesn't deliver on ANY of them. It was 1h30 of our lives wasted.

Another way to describe it: you could randomly re-arrange all the scenes in this film and it would still have the same coherence as it currently has, which is to say, none. It feels like the scenes were randomly arranged to begin with.

How the other 6 reviewers thought this film wasn't bad is beyond my capacity to comprehend.

For a much, much superior film dealing with a similar subject, see "Una".
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Right on! Let me know if you end up watching it. Maybe I'll try to watch it around the same time. I am taking a little break from the Tribe series.
I watched the first 10 minutes of or so of Princess and enjoyed it, even though I could see it going into darker territory.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:11 am Right on! Let me know if you end up watching it. Maybe I'll try to watch it around the same time. I am taking a little break from the Tribe series.
I watched the first 10 minutes of or so of Princess and enjoyed it, even though I could see it going into darker territory.
Haha ! You’re doing a serious binge-watch of „The Tribe“? :)

I admit a couple years ago I watched it seriously as well (nostalgia for me) and it’s generally quite a good show for a kids/youth tv series. I thought the set design and locations and Make-up were always done very good. Nowadays I’m not too big of a fan of these apocalyptic shows where gangs have weird tattoos and hair styles („The 100“ starring Adult Eliza Taylor was good but also fall into that trap).

Acting was really good on „The Tribe“ as well.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:46 amNowadays I’m not too big of a fan of these apocalyptic shows where gangs have weird tattoos and hair styles
and wild or distressed clothing ... and body piercings ... :mrgreen: which also covers contemporary dramas and 80% of all young people I have seen walking around the past 25+ years. No need to go into Mad Max territory for that!