[REL] Miss Violence (2013) [Greece]

kev
Site Admin

[REL] Miss Violence (2013) [Greece]

Post by kev »   0 likes

Miss Violence (2013)

Synopsis:
An unnerving story about a horrid family drama kept behind closed doors, and an elaborate facade where appearances can be deceiving, and nothing is as it seems.

To celebrate Angeliki's eleventh birthday, a well-organised party is held in her honour. Everything is in order, and all the ingredients of a usual birthday gathering are here: a nice and big sugar-glazed cake, happy music, a caring grandfather's embrace--a truly loving family environment. However, is any of this real, or is this an elaborate facade? Little by little, as a devastating act of despair unfolds before a stunned family, wolves and lambs slowly get lured into a web of hideous secrets, and a frantic downward spiral of lies and deceptive appearances. But, in the end, as one unwillingly unravels the sinners' blood-curdling mysteries kept behind closed doors, the plunge into the depths of the human soul and the unfathomable secrets within is inevitable.
Review:
Uncovering the darkest corners of the human psyche

Brilliantly made, technically speaking, and brave at heart as this movie doesn't shy away from exposing one of the deepest darkest secrets of every living society, that of abuse of make privillage and power. Although the suicide of the 11 yr old girl leads most to guess correctly what the underlying cause is, the director's patient unveiling of the hum drum of the family's daily life with its emotional suppression and passive aggressive undertones is a real coup because it gives a full flavour of how life is like for those overtly and covertly subdued by the male head of the family and its sole bread winner. The director's portrayal of abuse is almost neutral leaving the audience to disect why do these things still happen in this day and age, whose responsibility is it to expose it, why do women put up with it.... which is brilliant because the mind truly boggles and any ready answers would've been a cheap shot. I wish more directors woukd have the courage to expose the darkness in our midst fearlessly like this because that's what keeps the soul alive and thriving.
Pix:

[Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image]

I've actually had this DVD for a number of years, but as it moves really slow, I've set it on the back burner.. While there are a LOT of pix of the younger girls, the movie itself focuses on an older daughter. There are three younger girls, the only one that has done other films is Sissy Toumasi.

There are many clips on YouTube [THIS one sorta sets the tone of the film]:

I'm surprised that this movie hasn't made it here yet.. :think

Anyway it will probably be of interest to many of our members.. ;)

OH!! And there are files available at uloz:
https://ulozto.cz/hledej?q=Miss+Violence&type=videos

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Miss Violence (2013) [Greece]

Post by ghost »   46 likes

Strange.. I was sure, this one was posted before.

It's a pitty, that the 720p versions on uloz all have hardburned korean subtitles.. :(

But kev, why did you open a REQ thread? There are plenty of files available in eMule. Just two of them:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.22 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [830.02 Mb]

Here's mine in 1080p and hardcoded english subtitles:

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.90 Gb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Miss Violence (2013) [Greece]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

And after I spent hours downloading two versions from uloz.to. :lol:
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Miss Violence (2013) [Greece]

Post by kev »   0 likes

ghost wrote:A.) Strange.. I was sure, this one was posted before.

B.) It's a pity, that the 720p versions on uloz all have hardburned korean subtitles.. :(

C.) But kev, why did you open a REQ thread? There are plenty of files available in eMule...
A.) I, too, thought it had already been posted.. :think

B.)Here's a 720 file with just English hardcoded subs [no Korean subs :o ]:
https://ulozto.cz/!EVg76VzVd/miss-viole ... t-hard-mkv

C.) Like Rich, I'm once again in a situation where my 'Mule is being a bastard right now and won't connect. As I'm going to be moving in the next couple of months [short move, down the street] I'm waiting to invest in a better PC when things settle down.. :) (That is why I posted uloz links instead of eMule links in the REQ thread.. ;) )

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

B.)Here's a 720 file with just English hardcoded subs [no Korean subs :o ]:
https://ulozto.cz/!EVg76VzVd/miss-viole ... t-hard-mkv
A 720 file?

The resolution is 720x416p.

HD would be 1280x720p.
c4po

Post by c4po »   0 likes

Torrent in Greek with hardcoded English subtitles, so probably what Ghost already posted:

https://yts.mx/movies/miss-violence-2013
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.