[REL] Boksuneun naui geot (2002)

Ziggy Plock

[REL] Boksuneun naui geot (2002)

Post by Ziggy Plock »   1 likes

This is just some dumb contest, unlike my previous thread, where I truly didn't know where those pictures were from. This warrants a separate thread, IM(ns)HO
Sooooo......Have a guess! This is just corona boredom. Tell me if you feel insulted, annoyed, miffed, wronged or whateverrrrr by this. It's the interwebs after all..............

What movie is this from?

[Image]
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
kev
Site Admin

Re: Who's this? (a contest)

Post by kev »   2 likes

Hmmm... :think (I'm not doing this for the contest aspect; I just know the movie and really like it and want peeps to know about it! :D )

I REALLY thought we had this one here. I've had the DVD for years as the movie came out back in 2002. I liked the movie and the melancholy feeling it left me with I can still feel all these years later... It NEEDS to be here!!

The girl is Bo-bae Han who plays the ill-fated Yu-sun in the 2002 South Korean film Boksuneun naui geot otherwise known to English-speaking audiences as 'Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance'. ;)

[Image]
[Image]

While not the main character and not a super lot of screen-time [she's in a little over half the movie]; Yu-sun plays a VERY significant role in the plot and the little actress, Bo-bae Han, will tear your heart out she's so cute. :heart :heart :heart

Fortunately good ol' uloz has a few files:

https://ulozto.net/hledej?q=Sympathy%20 ... 1558798998

kev.
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   1 likes

Yes, there's also a good bar scene.... i think. Or maybe that was in one of the 2 sequels ???
I love Korean movies, I had the good luck of meeting Bong Joon-ho before corona this year.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Boksuneun naui geot (2002)

Post by ghost »   11 likes

kev
Site Admin

[REL] Boksuneun naui geot (2002) [South Korea]

Post by kev »   1 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:Yes, there's also a good bar scene.... i think. Or maybe that was in one of the 2 sequels ???
I love Korean movies, I had the good luck of meeting Bong Joon-ho before corona this year.
Hmmm... :think

Director / Writer Chan-wook Park made three similarly-themed movies commonly referred to as his 'Vengeance Trilogy' but they aren't really 'sequels'; just tied together with the theme of 'Child Kidnappings' :shock: :

The first was THIS film:
Boksuneun naui geot AKA: Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002)

The second in line came out the next year:
Oldeuboi AKA: Oldboy (2003)

The third and final installment was:
Chinjeolhan geumjassi AKA: Lady Vengeance (2005)

I regret to admit I have NOT seen the other two movies, though I DO have a sealed DVD of 'Lady Vengeance' somewhere in my collection. (Shame on me!!) :shock:

Perhaps Mr. Ziggy has seen them and can give us any information as to whether the other films might be FLM material.. :think

On a side note [to Ziggy Plock]:

VERY cool that you met Bong Joon-ho. We have one of his films here:

Okja starring a very cute and vivacious [if not a tad homely] Seohyun An.

[Image]
[Image]

Here: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... hilit=Okja

Please, ZP; let us know of any other FLM-oriented Korean films that haven't made it here yet.. :) Thanks in advance!

kev.
Ziggy Plock

Re: [REL] Boksuneun naui geot (2002) [South Korea]

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

Aren't most Korean films kinda FLM friendly? This is the one film at the festival where i "met" Bong Joon Ho (i was volunteer there, assistant-assistant-moderator :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , asked him if I could get him anything :lol: :lol: :lol: ) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8123618/reference

It has some OT, in the sense that there's a kidnapping, boys, and it's ... kinda bleak.... , not sure this actually qualifies..., but perhaps you catch me drift. Link is the protaganist, she's Lady Vengeance. Ish.
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

kev wrote: The second in line came out the next year:
Oldeuboi AKA: Oldboy (2003)

The third and final installment was:
Chinjeolhan geumjassi AKA: Lady Vengeance (2005)

I regret to admit I have NOT seen the other two movies, though I DO have a sealed DVD of 'Lady Vengeance' somewhere in my collection. (Shame on me!!) :shock:

Perhaps Mr. Ziggy has seen them and can give us any information as to whether the other films might be FLM material..
kev.
I am happy to admit that all 3 Vengeance films are among my favorites, and last year I watched them all at least an additional three times beyond what I had already. They are all fantastic films. But are they FLM?

I was shocked, I say SHOCKED to see 'Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance' show up here. Why had I not thought of this one? I must be getting feeble-minded. kev made it quite clear why it does indeed belong on FLM. It just had never occurred to me.

'Oldboy' shows a preschool girl briefly in photographs, and a late-teen (outer limits of FLM age) girl for a few minutes in flashback. Sorry, it is NOT FLM. There is nowhere near enough youngster content.

'Lady Vengeance' AKA 'Sympathy for Lady Vengeance' however, features a 14-year-old girl in a significant supporting role throughout the latter part of the picture. (But ... spoilers.) There are also brief scenes with some kindergarten-aged children. This fits FLM as easily as the first film. Those who want their girls especially CUTE may be disappointed. For me, cute is nice but not necessary.

[Image]

[Image]

Additionally, those who like children and have tender hearts should be forewarned that they may find both 'Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance' and 'Lady Vengeance' to be especially distressing. These are violent REVENGE films, and they certainly succeed in justifying the bloody torture and slaughter that is that revenge.

Now that I am finally attempting to host a release of a lesser-known title with my own meager bandwidth, I do not dare to volunteer to release this one as well. If anyone is interested, it is easily ULOZable:

https://ulozto.net/hledej?q=Chinjeolhan ... ype=videos
Night457
Global Moderator

Ziggy Plock wrote:Yes, there's also a good bar scene.... i think. Or maybe that was in one of the 2 sequels ???
If by "a good bar scene" you mean the one with the live squid, that would be 'Oldboy.'
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Knight457 wrote:Those who want their girls especially CUTE may be disappointed.
Who says they're not cute? Only the ones who are "stinkers" with an attitude are less than cute. You know, the ones who kick puppies or break your stuff just to be a-holes. :snooty
Night457
Global Moderator

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Who says they're not cute? Only the ones who are "stinkers" with an attitude are less than cute. You know, the ones who kick puppies or break your stuff just to be a-holes. :snooty

*Groan* Oh, no. We're talking 'Lady Vengeance' and you mention puppies. I guess I should also say that those with a tender spot for puppies may find it distressing. There is a rather pointless puppy murder.

I really hesitated to comment on the girl's looks, but I know that is an issue like it or not for the acting profession, females especially. It doesn't matter how terrific an actress is, people still give more attention to the hotties. I confess my guilt on that. I have noticed that my favorite actresses of any age also happen to be good looking. I am such a pig. With this girl, she has some quite understandable teen angst, but not a particularly bad attitude. I like her. And SHE is certainly not the one to harm the puppy.

Oh wait, Phuzzy - you don't like "stinkers" but there is that wonderful avatar of yours. Now I don't know what to think! :?