[REL] Nun-gil AKA Snowy Road (2015)

Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] Nun-gil AKA Snowy Road (2015)

Post by Night457 »   15 likes

Snowy Road
Occupied Korea, World War II. Teenage girls are abducted to serve as sexual slaves - "comfort women" - for the Imperial Japanese Army. Jong Boon is a bright and open peasant girl who wants to go to school. Young Ae is an elegant, educated and haughty girl from a wealthy family and wants to study in Japan. Under the most difficult circumstances they become friends.
In modern day Korea, an octogenarian comfort woman survivor is haunted by her wartime trauma and finds herself trying to help a teen delinquent girl. - Night457
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
Stars 14-year-olds Kim Hyang-gi and Kim Sae-ron. Both give terrific performances. This could have easily been just a propaganda piece but instead is a moving, character-driven drama. This is not an exploitation film and thus there is no leering, gratuitous content. Sae-ron has been seen here in The Man From Nowhere and A Brand New Life.

DDL for those who need it:

Code: Select all

https://kissasian.sh/Drama/Snowy-Road
Released on Korean television in 2015 and theatrically in 2017. Theatrical version here in Korean with English hardsubs, occasionally over top of Korean subs for the Japanese dialog, but still readable.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.13 Gb]
Be forewarned: my upload speeds are slow.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Nun-gil AKA Snowy Road (2015)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Looks like another nice one, Night457. Thanks.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   8 likes

I can not believe I am upgrading one of my own releases so soon. This is just a slight upgrade, still 720p in a slightly larger file but with sharper, clearer picture and smoother action. Really it is intended for future FLMers interested in this, as well as obsessive Kim Sae-ron fans like me.

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Code: Select all

http://fastdrama.org/snowy-road
The new-fastdrama file has a more obtrusive watermark than the old-kissasian file but the occasional English-on-Korean subtitles are positioned better and this is now my preferred version. I will likely stop sharing the old one. Still in Korean with English hardsubs.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.29 Gb]
heiber

Post by heiber »   0 likes

This is an excellent, moving film. Thank you
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:... than the old-kissasian file but ...
At first I mis-read that word as kissASSian. :lol:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Silly boy. Korean movie. "ASIAN." You have not been under that misapprehension all this time, thinking it was a different kind of movie?!?! ;)

kissasian (with constantly changing domain extensions) is a site that specializes in movies from China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, North Korea, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand. My geography is good enough to know that India and parts of Russia are also in Asia, but I guess "kisseastasia" would not be so catchy.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   10 likes

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Honestly, Kim Sae-ron's best-acted role and best movie so far, as much as I like 'Ajeossi'. After 'Snowy Road' she devoted her career mostly to cameos, guest roles and entertaining junk TV and webseries. (Grab that paycheck and run.) Get a good agent and some more of the challenging roles, girl! You are 21 now and it is time to stop playing high-schoolers.

Found on eMule a beautiful 1080p Upgrade.
In Korean with optional corrected English subtitles.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.63 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [74.9 Kb]

KSR10