[REL] Treeless Mountain (2008)

Rich

[REL] Treeless Mountain (2008)

Post by Rich »   1 likes

Treeless Mountain (2008) [South Korea]

[Image]

[Image]
When their mother decides to search for her estranged husband, seven year-old Jin and younger sister Bin are left in the care of Big Aunt. Jin and Bin cling to the promise of their mother's return, but as time goes on, no news is heard, the two sisters must find ways to cope with being shuffled from one relative to another, adapt to their new environment, and deal with feelings of abandonment. Drawing critical acclaim in the festival circuit, TREELESS MOUNTAIN is a heartbreaking tale told through the eyes of a little girl forced to grow up too soon.
This film is about two girls left on their own, to their own devices, trying to survive the mental burdens -if not the physical ones as well- of being abandoned by their mother. It is a serene, moderately-paced, well-crafted film. The director's ability to get such high quality performance from two little girls is nothing short of amazing. As to its general mood, Treeless Mountain is a beautiful film which can, at certain times, be sad and heart-breaking, and at others cheerful and hopeful, presenting us a myriad of emotions throughout its duration, and which depicts how hope endures and how children view and can adapt to changing conditions and environment. To sum it up, this fine piece of Korean cinema is an innocent and emotional piece of art which I would sincerely recommend to anyone.
http://hawaiishowcase.bside.com/2009/fi ... owcase2009

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1143155/

Trailer...

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/tr ... in/trailer

FLL

Re: [REL] Treeless Mountain (2008)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Saw this in the theater.

I was a little disappointed, I admit. I normally enjoy somewhat downbeat premises (the two girls are basically abandoned by their mother, dumped off on their aunt who doesn't really want them.) And I like slow movies, and I was a bit tired (end of a long day) when I saw it so maybe I missed something, but I expected more development and resolution of the promising premise. On the other hand, the girls Jin (8 or so) and Bin (5 or so) have 100% screen time, rare in any film. They both do a good job, though since the older one understands (somewhat) what is happening she does a bit too much acting unhappy and refusing to speak.

I will look for this to show up, though, so I can see if I just missed some of its subleties. One warning: there a 419MB torrent out there which claims to be a rip of this movie by FXG but is a fake. A black screen with a message about a website where you can get the codec which will play the movie, all you have to do is give them your email and they will send it to you. What a great idea! :naughty
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

always download torrents from there account or you may get a fake. ;) i will look for this one thanks
http://www.mininova.org/user/FXG
:)
FLL

Post by FLL »   8 likes

Thanks benjaminblack! Here's the release referenced in your links, plus subs I was able to locate elsewhere.

One caveat about this release, the sound volume is low. Ripper apparently used the original AC3 audio unnormalized. There is also a 2CD rip out I am checking to see if it's any better. A DVDR also as a last resort.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.74 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [41.0 Kb]

File Name .......: Treeless.Mountain.2008.KOR.DVDRip.XviD-BeFRee.avi
File Size .......: 700.74 MB

Duration ........: 01:29:37
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 901 KB/s
Resolution ......: 624 x 352
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.77:1
Framerate .......: 23.976 FPS

Audio Codec .....: FAST Multimedia AG DVM (Dolby AC3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 192 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language .........: Korean

[Image]
FLL

Post by FLL »   9 likes

Here's a 2CD rip where the audio is better on the computer, you still need to turn it up but then you can hear it. Same subs work.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

File Name .......: Treeless.Mountain.2008.XviD.AC3-MrCJ.avi
File Size .......: 1,400.77 MB
Duration ........: 01:29:37

Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1737 KB/s
Resolution ......: 704 x 400
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.76:1
Framerate .......: 23.976 FPS

Audio Codec .....: FAST Multimedia AG DVM (Dolby AC3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 448 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 6 Ch
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Found this while browsing through TubiTV. Streaming at 720p, English hardsubs, best version I found with a quick search:

https://tubitv.com/movies/588468/treeless-mountain

Seems the two girls are very young and get lots of screen time.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Found this while browsing through TubiTV.
Thanks for finding!