Post count

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
ptguardian

Post count

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

In my opinion this site would have more genuine comments if we were to do away with the post count. Too much nonsensical fluff gets posted here cluttering up any real discussion simply to stroke the self esteem of a few people.

Often I come here to read new posts only to read what is obvious to me posts to get attention and or express one's pedo tendencies... The people that still contribute files here doubtfully will contribute less by doing away with the post count. Health of the site to me has always been important. Yes, we want to encourage participation but are we losing others to cater to the few here that need desperate attention? I think we are.

My opinion.

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Post count

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I stopped paying attention to post counts and likes a long time ago. We've had some attention hounds in the past but it hasn't been too much of a problem. Sometimes it takes awhile before new people figure out how to be discrete when they talk about childhood films, especially the ones whose primary language isn't English.

I hate to discourage posting. Let's give it a little while and see what happens before jumping on anybody.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

Jumping has already been done many times in the past for one of the offenders... Art knows and has admitted he does this. As for the newbies I want them to be encouraged but direction can be easily persuaded in the right direction with the elimination of an obvious enabler of the wrong direction. (post count)

Again, just my opinion. Cheers :D
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Some time ago we tested a plugin that allowed to see last post by hovering over thread title with mouse. I thought this would have helped to skim through "uninteresting" posts, but there didn't seem to be much interest.