When adults are cast in child roles, the future of child cinema?

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Sully23

Re: When adults are cast in child roles, the future of child cinema?

Postby Sully23 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:41 am  0 likes

It will be our turn to forget to make a film faithful to Nabokov, and I am content to imagine that film using parts of Louis malle Eva ionesco and piccole labra
For An Angel

Postby For An Angel » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:04 am  0 likes

Sully23 wrote:
kev wrote:The original movie Sully was referring to, I'm pretty sure, was Matchstick Men where Nicholas Cage was a con artist with a 14 year old daughter played by Alison Lohman who was roughly 22/23 at the time of filming..

That is should be the movie as I said the daughter of 14 played by a twenty years old actress would not surprise me either because the casting there was no girl teenager will win the role or because there are issues that seem to be not for a girl young but in the end that will be a discussion will not end

Yes, but her character was actually supposed to be a lot closer in age to Alison at the time. She was actually conning him and only pretending to be his daughter. In Lolita, Dominique was 15 when she made the movie but played the character from 12-17. The one time they mention in the movie her age of 14 was supposed to be a couple of years into their relationship.
Rich_Visiting

Postby Rich_Visiting » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:21 am  0 likes

Sully23 wrote:It will be our turn to forget to make a film faithful to Nabokov, and I am content to imagine that film using parts of Louis malle Eva ionesco and piccole labra

Little Lips followed the Lolita trend extremely well !! A man becomes infatuated with a young girl, gives her everything he can but the fleeting love interest of the child turns to a more popular / exciting guy, in this case a travelling gypsy :lol: There's a lesson here somewhere :idea:
Sully23

Postby Sully23 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:27 am  1 likes

but it hurts that he does not succeed and another is who ends up winning and commits suicide

Return to “General”