Another download site

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
triviatus

Another download site

Post by triviatus »   0 likes

Since I found FLM I notice mention of ULOZ (which I use quite a lot). I have found another site http://biqle.com/video This site is free and I have found about 80% of films mentioned on FLM. Unlike ULOZ, biqle lets you view the film before deciding to download. There are a few niggles however. You sometimes have to click the search icon up to four times when it says 'can't find'. Another niggle is that Malwarebytes will block ads. It can make searches a bit long winded but it is worth persevering. I'll understand that should this post fall outside the forum T/Cs that it will be deleted (as I'm uncertain if this sort of post is permitted).
What time is it Eccles?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Another download site

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

If Malwarebytes is blocking anything, it's probably not ads so be exceedingly careful. If you're using Firefox or Pale Moon, AdAware is good. NoScript is excellent for blocking all the scripts you probably didn't know were running in the background. Those are what I'd be most concerned about. Keep your AV definitions up to date, don't rely on Malwarebytes for AV - it's not primarily for viruses but like it's name says, protection against malware - or any single software for protection. It's not paranoia when they are out to get you.

Frankly, I trust SuperAntiSpyware more than Malwarebytes but that's personal preference - I stopped using MB when it only found 25% of what SAS found and nothing SAS couldn't find. MB used to be good. McAfee used to be good. Both those, along with Norton/Symantec ,have dropped way down on my list of must-have software. I haven't used MB for awhile so that might have changed.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

I always shudder if I see a biqle link :o. Some of their ads definedly ARE infected with malware.
On the other hand if you avoid all sites that uncritically use every kind of money making by advertising you loose pretty many resources (strangely I have even heard complaints about this site).
But newbies that do not know how to deal with malware should better keep their hands off ...
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

We're not running any ads at all here, but the security certificate will warn you it's not correct. I think that's where people have their complaints.

In my opinion, any site where you get ANY virus warnings should be avoided. I don't think ads are usually the cause of virus warnings (though they can be) - it's usually scripts. You can block almost all advertisements with programs like AdAware, AdBlock, and others, and use NoScript or similar to block all scripts. People would be amazed when they see a site is running 40 or 50 scripts in the background where you can't see them, and of course you have no idea what they're doing to you until your PC chokes... <shudder>.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

True. But some sites check for this software and give you an error message (especially leeches for premium only content ) ...

One of the guys complaining claimed to have got a trojan from us. He is from Russia and wasn't all too friendly towards Ukrainia. I had my doubts - it could have well been a lie. On the other hand there is really something like a cyberwar going on between these two countries and who knows on which strange ways you can get infected if you visit us from Russia ...
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

I personally don't give a crap if sites don't like ad or script blockers. If a site won't let me see anything unless I turn them off, I go elsewhere because they're either dangerous or their ads use up so much bandwidth the site is unusable to me anyway. When I first go to a site, I only allow the top level script if necessary, then if the page has pix or vids I open up the scripts for those one-at-a-time until just the bare minimum is allowed. You'd be amazed how much faster it is, and lots cleaner and easier to navigate, plus a whole lot safer.

If that guy got a trojan, it definitely wasn't from us. We don't host any executables and besides eMule, we only have links to external picture sites, with very limited storage onsite for small files like pix and subtitles, never for films. The only script we use is for GreaseMonkey, and is entirely voluntary - you must intentionally install GreaseMonkey, then intentionally install the script (which is a text file you can open and examine) on your own PC. The script shows "Available at FLM" with a link when you're on RareFilmFinder or LostMoviesArchive. See https://www.first-loves.net/ for more info.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:We're not running any ads at all here, but the security certificate will warn you it's not correct. I think that's where people have their complaints.
The https://www.first-loves.net address does not have certificate warning. And, BTW, the site works almost perfectly with javascript completely disabled.