ABBA - 'Slipping Through My Fingers' - Slideshow of Linda and Christian Ulvaeus

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Warg

Post by Warg »   5 likes

Not clear if someone is interested in this. For some of our members ABBA is probably as far away as the Andrew Sisters were in the time ABBA was on stage ... ;)

Online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gX-6hvQKS4

Like this post to see ed2k links  [12.73 Mb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: ABBA - 'Slipping Through My Fingers' - Slideshow of Linda and Christian Ulvaeus

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Some of us are old enough that ABBA was a new group at the time. :icon_old
Warg

Re: ABBA - 'Slipping Through My Fingers' - Slideshow of Linda and Christian Ulvaeus

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Yes, even I can remember ABBA singing 'Waterloo' in Brighton 1974 - though I was just a little boy of 8 years. My father was a fan of the Andrews Sisters then and I always imagined a gramophone when I heard that kind of music :lol:. That's why I fear many youngsters today have the same feelings if they hear ABBA - though they got some popularity back by the musical 'Mamma Mia' ... ;)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

There's nothing wrong with listening to ALL music genres. I like old 1940's Big Band, Blues, Rockabilly, Jazz, classical, rock and country (as long as it's older than 10 or 15 years - before the cookie-cutter crap). I like music from every country too, though throat-singing doesn't really chime my bells. :lol:

We had an old wind-up stand-up gramophone, and dozens of the old 78 RPM shellac records. This thing had wooden needles and even a needle sharpener. My mom sold it for almost $1000 because it was in pristine shape and still worked great. It looked something like this but was very ornate. The sound came out of the slats just below the turntable.

[Image]
Warg

Post by Warg »   1 likes

[Image]
I rather had that model in mind ... :lol:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

That was what my first boombox looked like. :icon_old
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Old is the land, young people (some) are interested in retro or vintage fashion When you listen to mambo 5 or classical music they put on looney tunes or drive a mustang when they teach the young the oldest wine ....... ..... even also ABBA
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

ABBA was a group, my mom was listening to when I was a kid - how uncool! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :o

I always have been in rock music - It was THE SWEET or STATUS QUO, when I was little ;)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

I was 11 years old when Woodstock happened. I grew up when rock 'n roll WAS rock 'n roll. ;)