Ivan Noel commits suicide

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Triela

Re: Ivan Noel commits suicide

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:Deadman is right
She doesn't even appear as Hamilton's wife.
I remember reading an article about Hamilton a long time ago, when one of his models recounted the first time she met him, age 14: "It was at his villa in the south of France, they told me he was on the back porch, and then I saw him, busy with the act of cunninglingus with a 13 year old girl"
Maybe that was Monica Broecke, she could pass for 13.

I can't remember who it was that said, she was an average TV actress / model, but that one always kind of stuck with me.
Triela

deadman wrote: The one movie I ordered on blu-ray from his site was of course La Tutora (2016), featuring my favorite of his young actors, the beautiful Malena Alonso.
Do you mean this one in the middle?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5959698/me ... i_all_sf_1

La tutora was fairly easy to find online, so....

It's funny-interesting that it's an adaption of a 19th century Henry James novel, Turn of the Screw, which got made into film like, at least 46 times, maybe more.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Triela wrote:
It's funny-interesting that it's an adaption of a 19th century Henry James novel, Turn of the Screw, which got made into film like, at least 46 times, maybe more.
The only one of the versions has several OTs, there is one from Spain itself, only a bubble bath, but before all the events of Ivan Noel, it only caught my attention, the child had more time or was the main focus in the story that Malena Alonso herself (and hence the director's alleged homosexuality) questioned both actors not having to show their skin equally.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Triela wrote:Do you mean this one in the middle?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5959698/me ... i_all_sf_1
Yep, that's her alright.

[Image] [Image] [Image]
[Image] [Image] [Image]

Triela wrote:La tutora was fairly easy to find online, so....

[REL] The Turn of the Screw (Various years and countries)
[REL] The Turning (2020)

This Netflix series is also loosely based on Henry James' story:

[REL] The Haunting of Bly Manor (2020) TV-Series

Like you say, there are plenty more where those came from. Including La Tutora which is posted in this thread:

[REL] La Tutora / The Tutor / Burnt Knees (2016) [Argentina]

If MEGA or Zippyshare links work for you, I actually posted the full BD25 here:

La Tutora (2016) .iso

Probably the most prominent role (in more ways than one) played by any of Noel's female actresses. A shame we won't be seeing anything more from him. Also sad Malena doesn't seem to have pursued an acting career. :(
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Triela wrote:...It's funny-interesting that it's an adaption of a 19th century Henry James novel, Turn of the Screw, which got made into film like, at least 46 times, maybe more.
Not really that funny-interesting as it's a timeless ghost story that has inspired many, many people to adapt and rework the story line in hopes of capturing the essence of it's spookiness. Many have failed miserably; the recent 'The Turning' coming to mind. (I was REALLY looking forward to it, but ended up very disappointed.) :(

Noel was pretty blatant about 'The Turn of the Screw' being the inspiration for 'La Tutora'.
Spoiler:

BUT if you've actually SEEN the movie, I think you'll agree it's more of blend of 'The Turn of the Screw' and 'The Wicker Man'. ;)
I think it was Ivan Noel's twist on the story and unashamed focus on the incestuous undertones of the relationship between Ema and Ángel that makes HIS version stand above many of the other bigger budgeted films with well known actors. :think

kev.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

kev wrote:Noel was pretty blatant about 'The Turn of the Screw' being the inspiration for 'La Tutora'.
Spoiler:

BUT if you've actually SEEN the movie, I think you'll agree it's more of blend of 'The Turn of the Screw' and 'The Wicker Man'. ;)
I think it was Ivan Noel's twist on the story and unashamed focus on the incestuous undertones of the relationship between Ema and Ángel that makes HIS version stand above many of the other bigger budgeted films with well known actors. :think
Remakes in general are a swing and a miss more often than not. To stand out, you have to do something edgy with it that hasn't been done before. Otherwise the first version that captures the essence of the book (when there is one) is usually the best.
Triela

kev wrote: Ivan Noel's twist on the story and unashamed focus on the incestuous undertones of the relationship between Ema and Ángel
kev.
Sure, for those that value incestuous undertones. I do, kind of, but then, I don't have a sister. A friend of mine who does, once expressed frustration and unbelieve that anyone would think HE would lust after his quite hawt sis....
His emotions are a bit odd(?) since men who DO do that, have existed since time began. Don't know those who consented Oh well.
deadmam wrote:Remakes in general are a swing and a miss more often than not.
Hmmm. I guess. Some remakes are definitely better than the original, for one, because of better production values. "The Day the Earth stood still (2008)" and "I am legend (2007)" both have nice OT actresses as well.

But, so, fait vos jeux, gentlemen! ;-) Which are the BEST remakes of OT movies you've seen? Or not OT.... amiic
Triela

Sully23 wrote: (...)but before all the events of Ivan Noel, it only caught my attention, the child had more time or was the main focus in the story that Malena Alonso herself (and hence the director's alleged homosexuality) questioned both actors not having to show their skin equally.

What? :?: :huh :icon_hu
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Triela wrote:
Sully23 wrote: (...)but before all the events of Ivan Noel, it only caught my attention, the child had more time or was the main focus in the story that Malena Alonso herself (and hence the director's alleged homosexuality) questioned both actors not having to show their skin equally.

What? :?: :huh :icon_hu
I mean more in The Tutor the boy has more prominence and more lines than the girl actress Malena Alonso.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote:
Triela wrote:I mean more in The Tutor the boy has more prominence and more lines than the girl actress Malena Alonso.
Sure, but Malena has far more prominence than girl actors in any of his other movies. That's all I meant. She's not as important a character as her male costar but still has a significant amount of screen time.