aMule & personal update

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
popdrome

aMule & personal update

Post by popdrome »   5 likes

Hi guys,

This is just a note that from february 1st 2022, I'll be sharing, uploading again.
This past year has been horrible for me,

I couldn't get my provider to port-through my emule posts, having a low ID and I didn't like it.
I could only lurk and/but I wanna share TOO.

I've acquired a new rig WITH Topaz utilities and have a huge amount of neat upgrades and new finds!
<-- That I wanna share but can't. :wall
I also want to take the burden off a bit for regular posters such as ghost and Jezevex, night and deadman, by sharing their posts.

I really hope you're looking forward to my return and the return of aliptes' HEVC posts.
I've also found a way-round with the amule client for Mac.
If you're on a Mac and you can't get e-Mule or KAD to work, drop me a line.

OK so that's it, keep in touch guys
https://lostmoviesarchive.com/ seems to be working again (refresh yr browser cache)
TTYL and
thanks for reading,
-- popdrome

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: aMule & personal update

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

popdrome wrote:This is just a note that from february 1st 2022, I'll be sharing, uploading again.
:icon_1dancingban :onfire :thumbsup

Congratulations! That is great news! Does this mean you figured out a way to kill the LowID and get HighID again?
I also want to take the burden off a bit for regular posters such as ghost and Jezevex, night and deadman, by sharing their posts.
Screw those guys, they all have HighID and solid bandwidth.
Some of them have insanely fast bandwidth.
JUST KIDDING!!! I WAS ONLY JOKING, DON'T ANYONE BE MAD AT ME!

Actually, I am honored to be mentioned in the same breath as the others. I don't deserve it. They are FLM GODS! I just make lots of long wordy posts.

Seriously though, helping to share other people's files is always a great idea and I can see when people are quietly doing so. I know I do that far more than I actually release. But sharing the files of low-bandwidth or lowID people may be an even bigger help. When I have to delete shared files from my computer to get back drive space, I always delete the files of the known bandwidth kings first. Others need more help. The longer it takes for me to download a file in the first place, the longer I share it, in order to help others.
I really hope you're looking forward to my return and the return of aliptes' HEVC posts
Uh, YEAH! Most definitely, popdrome. And I have some of those older posted files!

I know what the HEVC codec is, but what is aliptes? (Other than a manager of a school of wrestlers.) That is just the name of the ripper, right? And that ripper is you?

Thank you for sharing your joyous news!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

That*s good news, popdrome! :D :thumbsup

I realized, that you were quite abscent during the last months. Now we know, why. :cry:

I'm really looking forward to see you more active again. Always loved your releases!
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:Congratulations! That is great news! Does this mean you figured out a way to kill the LowID and get HighID again?
I sure did! I'm skipping the glass fibre altogether and going back to cable, which gives me control over my own modem again, and the ports, and stuff. :)
Screw those guys, they all have HighID and solid bandwidth.
Some of them have insanely fast bandwidth.
JUST KIDDING!!! I WAS ONLY JOKING, DON'T ANYONE BE MAD AT ME!
Haha that's funny. :all_coholic
(..)helping to share other people's files is always a great idea
Well that's tho whole purpose of the platform right? Thanks a lot. Yes and what's the point in sharing if you have a low ID and a speed of only 1 MB upload. BTW I enjoy reading yr wordy posts and you're always positive and constructive!
I know what the HEVC codec is, but what is aliptes?
Yes that's me. Well a moniker I used for ages. And a tag just to say I ripped or edited something.
Thank you for sharing your joyous news!
THANK YOU for your kind words and the support! :thumbsup

popdrome

Post by popdrome »   1 likes

ghost wrote:That*s good news, popdrome! :D :thumbsup

I realized, that you were quite abscent during the last months. Now we know, why. :cry:

I'm really looking forward to see you more active again. Always loved your releases!
Thanks ghost! Yes and I LOVE yours. But I think you know that :dance
Well imagine you have some great new finds which are new to FLM, and you're biting your lip because you have no way to share.
I even considered taking a MEGA or a zippy account, but that's just not my thing.
My current provider doesn't even allow for upstream usenet/ newsgroups access.
I've been sitting on my hands, basically.

But good days are ahead!!

Thanks and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

- popdrome

Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

popdrome wrote:Yes and what's the point in sharing if you have a low ID and a speed of only 1 MB upload.
Wow, that's fast!

I used to have slower speeds than that until this summer, when I joined the 21st century. However, I at least had highID with the slow speed. I had to get a VPN-with-portforwarding to get my highID back when I got the fast speed.

Currently my speed seems to vary. Sometimes blazingly fast, sometimes just moderate. It is consistently better than before, however.

lowID with high speed shares very effectively, at least with highID users. That is why I so desperately wanted highID for myself, as I wanted to stay "in touch" with a number of lowID members!

I have plenty of patience to download from slow speed uploaders, since I have such a backlog of movies to watch that I do need to have anything new right away.
... you're always positive and constructive!
My mother would be so proud of me to know you said that. I try very hard at that, I really do. Let us just say that decades of NOT being positive take real effort to try and make up for. Old dogs may not learn new tricks, but they CAN develop a calmer temperament.
I've been sitting on my hands, basically.
I have been doing that lately to warm them up because it is getting chilly in my house.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   1 likes

February will be a good month then! Looking forward to having you around. :D
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Infinity wrote:February will be a good month then! Looking forward to having you around. :D
Cheers! :icon_alc

ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

Cheers! :icon_givebeer

...AND:

[Image]