Time to go

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
billanben

Time to go

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Thanks for great time but now have to return to my world.
Rich

Re: Time to go

Post by Rich »   0 likes

billanben wrote:Thanks for great time but now have to return to my world.
Sad to hear that, but i can understand why ;) Good Luck! :bigups
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Sorry to hear that billanben.

But why???
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Is a definitive decision???

Too bad :( ..btw you'll never missed here
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

I’m pretty sure I know why your going.
Don’t worry, I wont be giving that little shit the time of day anymore!

I hope you reconsider, in fact I know you will.
Just give it a few days and you'll be giving in to temptation :)
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:I’m pretty sure I know why your going.
Don’t worry, I wont be giving that little shit the time of day anymore!

I hope you reconsider, in fact I know you will.
Just give it a few days and you'll be giving in to temptation :)
Last post

Nothing to do with anyone, just personally feel this is not natural and have to clean my life. In fact as soon as I started to, things started to change. Maybe in another life ?

I will be keeping a lot of the films because I got them for either the fantastic story, or acting or something which stands out - don't have a problem with that. Will junk a lot of stuff which does not fall into this category - purge has started !! I am not going to pontificate on anyone elses' reasons for being here - there is a wealth of information and some films which would never have seen the light of day. I really do wish you all the best and a happy new year.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

I just came across this 'Last post' [searching after noticing that billanben had not posted since Dec., THOUGH he's visited since then...], and was going to leave it alone, but as I found it subtly demeaning to those of us that have found some interesting online friends as well as the cool movies that have been made available here, I felt compelled to leave MY closing remarks on billanben's 'decision' to leave FLM. (Knowing that he WILL be able to read it. ;) )
billanben wrote:Nothing to do with anyone, just personally feel this is not natural and have to clean my life...
If you find/found contention [strife, struggle] within your soul for enjoying the movies presented here at FLM, by all means leave. You just don't have to insult everyone as you go. (Again in your 'subtle' fashion. As if those of us who stay are 'not natural'. :wall )
billanben wrote:...I am not going to pontificate on anyone elses' reasons for being here...
I find offence in that pompus, pretentious remark [we've locked horns with other remarks of yours in the past]; as it's not a damn bit of your business why anyone else is here. Neither have you the right to judge. (Or insinuate judgement.)
billanben wrote:I really do wish you all the best and a happy new year.
Had a great one, thanks. Best to you, also, in the years to come.

kev.

PS: I have always found billanben to be very knowledgeable in things 'filmic', and was constantly impressed by his ability to find movies [and LINKS, even] that I didn't know existed or could not track down. His comments on movies [minus the pretentiousness, sometimes] were pretty much always enlightening and helpful in deciding whether or not I wanted a particular film. THAT aspect of his presence here at FLM will truely be missed.

kev.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

I guess I didn’t analyse his last words very closely.
I see your point though kev.

In his defence though, a certain member treated him like shit during his last week here, and I know from experience that bitter feeling one can have when leaving a forum for good.

Hell, iv certainly left my evil mark in a few forums. For Christ sake don’t read my comments on Liveleak.com
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:Hell, iv certainly left my evil mark in a few forums. For Christ sake don’t read my comments on Liveleak.com
LOL!! I'll be sure to avoid that one, debaser.

Thanks for your post, as I was a bit nervous that others [but admin expecially] would think I was trying to flame billanben.

There's just a certain aspect of his personality that seemed to bleed through in his posts that always dug in my craw. He and I had a couple of minor tiffs over it, and I've always felt that we came to an amiable understanding about where we stood.

But something in his making a 'final post', saying the things he said; while KNOWING he's still been popping by here again struck me wrong, and so I had to comment.

I will admit, though, I don't know anything about the other 'shit member' that was screwing with him. I missed those posts. THAT'S uncalled for no matter WHO it is. (Even 'infiniter'! :) )

Thanks for understanding, debaser.

kev.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Kev, I tend to agree with what you say, but I as a general principal try not to take too much offense what what people say on messageboards, messageboards are a strange social environment. Misunderstandings and differences of opinion are much much more likely to occur and then fester and grow than in real life due to the limitations of the medium. Half the disagreements here would be settled easily in person.

In the specific case of billanben... the signs were there in advance, and in my opinion his comments were much more about himself and the stress he looked to be under than about us.

December was a completely insane month here... not only the stuff with billanben, but also terry666's disputes and departure/return/departure. And then at the end of the month I went away for a weekend and loverboy never posted again, and it looks like whatever the dispute he had had its threads deleted so I have no clue why. Very strange month.