Cinemageddon

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
loverboy

Re: Cinemageddon

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Not wishing to labour the point.......
loverboy wrote:& you would be expected to make the effort to maintain some degree of share ratio.
Don't worry, you're in good company. The others who've had an invite from me are just about to suffer the same fate! :thumbsup

Anyway, simplest would be for you to PM me a different email address for an invite. It would be handy if you have a Dynamic IP address & obviously use a different username although CG seem unable to detect/don't give a fuck about multiple accounts.

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

FLL wrote:Hopefully he is mostly kidding. If you don't want to do that, you could wait a bit until the account goes from disabled to deleted and sign up again.
FLM seems like heaven compared to those private torrent sites :wall

On the other hand, maybe people would have more motivation to share if we had similar system here :think
loverboy wrote:A 1gb rip of this complete with hand-made external English subtitles (no guarantee of compatibility with our existing release but possible)
https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... php?t=4198

797mb VHS rip of 'Cornflakes for Tea', an interesting looking Australian drama, unreleased at FLM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0281743/

A 4.3gb DVDR of 'A Little Romance', already released at FLM by Rich but could be the basis for an upgrade
https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... php?t=1399
I vote for [REL] Mort un dimanche de pluie (1986)
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:It would be handy if you have a Dynamic IP address & obviously use a different username although CG seem unable to detect/don't give a fuck about multiple accounts.
Some sites do, cg claims to which is why I tried irc. But I haven't seen anything that says they really do, so you are probably right.

cg is actually a comparatively easy site to get your ratio up. The key is to keep seeding at a low max upload rate and never stop. Especially old torrents almost noone ever downloads. They give you a small "credit" just for seeding which can be exchanged for upload bytes on your ratio.
BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:FLM seems like heaven compared to those private torrent sites :wall
No real generalization possible though. Some are run by assholes, some are very strict and unforgiving, some are real friendly and tolerant and make it real easy. Some have numerous freeleeches where you can build a ratio. In many cases the smaller the site the more tolerant they are since each month they have to beg their users for money to pay the server costs.

(BTW, I am sure that many lurkers here would prefer torrents over eMule for FLM, but unless we used public trackers [bad] we would be begging constantly for money to keep us alive and would need someone to actively maintain the tracker. As it is eMule is easy and cheap and as you can see FLM runs on autopilot by comparison. Ands ultimately private torrent sites die unless they have many users who pay for seedboxes.)
BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:I vote for [REL] Mort un dimanche de pluie (1986)
Someone at cg was downloading this the other day, it was probably someone planning to bring it here :icon_roll2
It will get here at some point.
loverboy

FLL wrote:
Someone at cg was downloading this the other day, it was probably someone planning to bring it here :icon_roll2
I grabbed this as soon as I posted about it (along with virtually all of the other CG releases I've mentioned) so releasing here will not be a problem. I do need a little time though, to complete the PC reinstall, get my brain in gear & sort some of the other crap out in my life.

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:
FLL wrote:
I grabbed this as soon as I posted about it (along with virtually all of the other CG releases I've mentioned) so releasing here will not be a problem. I do need a little time though, to complete the PC reinstall, get my brain in gear & sort some of the other crap out in my life.
Good to know that the movie is in safe hands.
FLL wrote:I am sure that many lurkers here would prefer torrents over eMule for FLM, but unless we used public trackers [bad] we would be begging constantly for money to keep us alive and would need someone to actively maintain the tracker.
Opentracker is just a small program and does not need any maintenance. Of course it has to run on a machine that has a static IP and is up 24/7, but the tracker itself does not require much network bandwidth.

There are also trackerless torrents (for example the one posted by jkecal here: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... 051#p41051).

However, I don't think that torrents are fundamentally faster than eMule; it just depends on the number of seeders. If some members use torrents and others eMule, downloads would be slower for everyone.

Our torrent advocates probably don't want our own tracker, but simply post public torrent links here.

Implementing our own private tracker with UL/DL ratios and stuff would probably be a hassle and require some maintenance indeed. I don't have any experience with that.
loverboy

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:
loverboy wrote:
FLL wrote: Someone at cg was downloading this the other day, it was probably someone planning to bring it here :icon_roll2
Good to know that the movie is in safe hands.
FLL wrote:I am sure that many lurkers here would prefer torrents over eMule for FLM, but unless we used public trackers [bad] we would be begging constantly for money to keep us alive and would need someone to actively maintain the tracker.
Opentracker is just a small program and does not need any maintenance. Of course it has to run on a machine that has a static IP and is up 24/7, but the tracker itself does not require much network bandwidth.

There are also trackerless torrents (for example the one posted by jkecal here: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... 051#p41051).

However, I don't think that torrents are fundamentally faster than eMule; it just depends on the number of seeders. If some members use torrents and others eMule, downloads would be slower for everyone.

Our torrent advocates probably don't want our own tracker, but simply post public torrent links here.

Implementing our own private tracker with UL/DL ratios and stuff would probably be a hassle and require some maintenance indeed. I don't have any experience with that.
Someone else on the board made reference to 'safe hands' in regard to something being in Europe...........Worrying isn't it! :icon_biggrin2

I actually think we've now got a great balance here, with members prepared to source material elsewhere to bring to the ed2k network. Our file longevity is now excellent, with improved search facilities & a more structured approach to reshares. We also have a membership who are pretty damn caring & generous!

Compare this with the various 'crusades' there've been here in the past extolling the virtues of torrents & Direct Downloads & accusing us of being dinosaurs. If you need further proof, just check back & see how few of these alternative links actually do anything!

lb

BTW........starfish, you have mail :)
loverboy

To further enhance your torrent enjoyment & to celebrate that time of the year when feral children, usually well into puberty & complete with acne & a bad attitude attempt to extort money from terrified householders in exchange for promises of not trashing the property/defecating in the garden, AKA Halloween, CG is holding a freeleech on anything classified as Horror/Gore.

Here's a start. This tasteful little gem is available as a DVDR & could make a possible rip/release.
http://cinemageddon.net/details.php?id=90673
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1444334/
Scumbag, addict parents sell their little girl for drug money. Kid is resold to wacked out satanist wannabes who kill her during a mock ritual. Kid comes back to life to exact violent, brutal revenge on all who wronged her( entire cast ).
Cheap, sick, nasty, S.O.V. flick from R.F. Pangborn ( Burnt, Purgatory ) done in the style of early eighties slasher flicks.
Drug use, child abuse, infantacide, eyeball drilling( with brain pulled from socket!), throat slashings, heads blown off, zombie/ghost henchmen, Italian -style gut ripping and more, all here in it's craptastic and morally questionable glory.
The only modern Kiddie-sploitatin with any balls that I can think of.
Fucking epic. Nuff said.
ENJOY!!!!
'Disney' & 'Feature Films For Families' were battling over the rights for this one....... :thumbsup

lb
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:
Scumbag, addict parents sell their little girl for drug money. Kid is resold to wacked out satanist wannabes who kill her during a mock ritual. Kid comes back to life to exact violent, brutal revenge on all who wronged her( entire cast ).
Cheap, sick, nasty, S.O.V. flick from R.F. Pangborn ( Burnt, Purgatory ) done in the style of early eighties slasher flicks.
Drug use, child abuse, infantacide, eyeball drilling( with brain pulled from socket!), throat slashings, heads blown off, zombie/ghost henchmen, Italian -style gut ripping and more, all here in it's craptastic and morally questionable glory.
The only modern Kiddie-sploitatin with any balls that I can think of.
Fucking epic. Nuff said.
ENJOY!!!!
'Disney' & 'Feature Films For Families' were battling over the rights for this one....... :thumbsup

lb
OMG!!!!

I thought this was pretty much a local film that I stumbled across earlier this year in the 'Sale' bin of my local Movie Stop for $2.99. I figured it was one of the 3 copies ever made!!!! :eyecrazy

lol

Disk art:
[Image]

After watching it I determined that the girl didn't really have that much screentime [considering that according to the synopsis the entire movie seems to revolve around her!!] and deemed it not FLM-worthy.. :think

Honestly, it makes movies like 'Cathy's Curse', 'The Child' & 'Kiss Daddy Goodbye' look like Oscar-winners!!! (BTW: Has anybody ever released 'The Child' [with Rosalie Cole]? If not I can dig that one out too and rip..)

Oddly enough, I had 'The Sadness' handy and at the sight of your post I set to immediately ripping it.

I can post tomorrow and have the weekend to share out...

Wow!! I really can't believe someone thought enough of this movie to rip and post it!! ll

Seriously! :icon_biggrin2

kev.