Problem FIXED!

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
FLL

Problem FIXED!

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Just a quick note to say-- the site problem has been fixed! Soon everyone will be able to get back in here. :dance :onfire :dance

Just like the domain failed Tuesday but most people didn't start seeing problems until Wednesday, there is a good chance that it will be another 24 hours before the site starts hopping again. For some people it might be quicker or even a bit longer, that's how DNS servers work, they take a while to update.

ghost was not involved at all in getting the domain reinstated, don't jump to the conclusion he is back. I am sure we will be discussing that soon.

But for now, back to the movies!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Problem FIXED!

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Let me be the first to offer my profound thanks for your hard work. :thumbsup
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I don't want to jinx anything by saying something other than Thanks FLL good work. :thumbsup

:icon_cool2
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Good job FLL, however you did it! looking forward to see all the regs here again (that includes Rich & Ghost hopefully 1 day :pray )!
:icon_1dancingban :clap :icon_1dancingban :clap :icon_1dancingban

Post by Guest »   0 likes

:) Thank you FLL.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Thanks FLL.

Meanwhile I made a script to convert my (HTML) site rip into phpBB3 database. The result can be seen here:

http://50.16.108.238/flm/phpBB3/

(Login is disabled.)

IF we have to move to a new server, we might use this database as a starting point. It can be improved.

(Note: locked threads are missing, because my script uses the "Reply with quote" feature of this board to get post text.)

If there is still chance of Ghost's server going down, I'd suggest to send an ID token to each user via PM (eg., using a script) before it happens. This token could be then used as an initial password on the new board.