[REL] Puberty Blues (1981)

ptguardian

Re: [REL] Puberty Blues (1981)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

If you're into small sized BD rips, DO NOT go for the PLAYNOW 720p 685 MB rip out on torrents. The quality is atrocious.
[ www.UsaBit.com ] - Puberty Blues 1981 720p BRRip x264-PLAYNOW.mp4 :(

And now that I'm thoroughly pissed off, I think this belongs in the verified off topic section. The 16 year olds might actually be 16, but they could easily pass themselves off as 20+. :wall: Bracket faced to boot. Was this made by a female director? I know pretty Australian girls exist; there are even a couple of them in this film, albeit in minor roles. Must be a budget thing - the pretty ones want more money - these were probably happy to work for free.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

:lol: Well, tastes differ - there are a couple people who liked this film. Unless there's a general outpouring of hatred for this movie, I think we should leave it here.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i reckon if you put all the "Bracket faced" stars in one place,it would render that section very evil indeed.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

PLAYNOW I have found is not consistent. I have had several of his rips that were very good but at least 3 that had a lot of compression artifacts. Best out there for small size is Ganool team. YIFY's look great but the 2.0 sound is often lacking compared to Ganool. I have the source file that PLAYNOW ripped Puberty Blues from and it is a decent rip so he messed up his encode. ;)

As for this movie being on-topic I would say it is one of those boarder line films. Most of the girls are 17 and 18 with only a few 16 and under. However the subject matter and context I think is enough to keep it in regular release.

Storyline
Puberty Blues is a 1981 Australian film directed by Bruce Beresford. The film is based on the 1979 novel Puberty Blues, by Gabrielle Carey and Kathy Lette, which is a protofeminist teen novel about two 13-year-old girls from the lower middle class Sutherland Shire in Sydney, Australia. The girls attempt to create a popular social status by integrating themselves with the "Greenhill gang" of surfers.