[REL] Bian Lian AKA The King of Masks (1996)

Rich

[REL] Bian Lian AKA The King of Masks (1996)

Post by Rich »   10 likes

Bian Lian AKA The King of Masks (1996)

[Image]
An aging performer desires to pass his skills onto a child and buys a little boy on the black market for this purpose. Complications arise when he learns his "son" is really an eight year old girl, who is then reluctantly allowed to tag along but only as a servant.

In an attempt to please her master, the lass brings him a four year old boy she rescued from a child slavery market. When the police spot the man with the abducted tyke, he is accused of kidnapping and thrown in jail. Can our little heroine somehow clear her parental surrogate of the false charges? A touching tale.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.05 Mb]

Rich :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115669/
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Bian Lian AKA The King of Masks (1996)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Excellent movie. Thanks Rich.

BLT, there's a short scene you'd like when the "boy" sneaks out of bed late at night for a nature call. :)
mactopolis

Post by mactopolis »   0 likes

i've watched this movie 3 times..he bought the girl in an normal open market..not a black-
market..in the early 1930 in China you could easily buy a young child right
out in the opened..you did not need to be so secret about it...and this went for nearly
any country in the world
FLL

Post by FLL »   2 likes

Anyone have this file to reshare? I jumped on this after seeing Phuzzy's comment, and it quickly got to 40% then stalled. A couple of complete sources show up occasionally but are extremely slow and this projects to take a long time.

Note I am not asking for a different file to be posted, I actually have two other sources for rips of this film which I will post if this one doesn't complete soon (and I may still post them if the quality turns out bad.) There are a half a dozen people waiting on this link, so I'd like to get it to complete if possible. Still, not so bad for more than six years after this was first posted!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   10 likes

I have the two-CD version:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.45 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.81 Mb]

I've had these shared since I got them. You get the friend slot if you want them.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Thanks for the info, Phuzzy :thumbsup (I missed the above comment in April :blush)

I started to download the original link coincidentally few weeks ago and it has been indeed a bit slow.

Downloading your version now :cool
FLL

Post by FLL »   10 likes

Well, I want the original file from 2004 complete most of all. But that's just me, and I'll just keep waiting for it... it will very likely complete at some point.

Phuzzy, thanks for bumping this movie, it wouldn't have even been on my radar. Since I recently figured out one of the eMule problems which have been plaguing me for months I am now grabbing and sharing stuff again at a higher rate :)

And thanks also for your offer, but I am going to skip your links. If the "sources info" filenames are accurate, they have Hebrew subs. And that makes it harder to use with separate English subs (which are available at opensubtitles.com as are several other languages.)

I have found four versions myself. The best quality/size tradeoff is a 1CD version by the prolific high quality ripper "faye", with external English subs.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [693.92 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [74.3 Kb]

File Name .......: theKingOfMasks-faye-xvid.avi
File Size .......: 693.92 MB
Duration ........: 01:41:17

Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 829 KB/s
Resolution ......: 592 x 448
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.32:1
Framerate .......: 23.976 FPS

Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

I am sharing this on eMule. I still may post a higher quality (1.47GB) version but this is it for right now. Enjoy!

http://rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=543
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

DVD artwork.

[Image] [Image]
Pranama

Post by Pranama »   0 likes

Hi, can somebody reshare? Sitting few days on 67%. Thx in advance.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

pranama wrote:Hi, can somebody reshare? Sitting few days on 67%. Thx in advance.
That's the one which I posted on July 1st was at 40% and looked like it would take a long time. The fact that it's to 67% is major progress in 2 weeks. Apparently noone here has it available for reshare, so it dribbles in slowly (more slowly as people give up).