ldieguez_

Re: [REL] May & August (2002)

Post by ldieguez_ »   11 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   2 likes

Ldieguez_ wrote:to be confirmed...
Like this post to see ed2k links  [318.49 Mb]
318 MB looks rather small, so if it is real it probably wouldn't have very good quality. If there is interest, I can can make a new DVD rip.
FLL

Post by FLL »   2 likes

Thanks Ldieguez! :dance
BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:
Ldieguez_ wrote:to be confirmed...
Like this post to see ed2k links  [318.49 Mb]
318 MB looks rather small, so if it is real it probably wouldn't have very good quality. If there is interest, I can can make a new DVD rip.
Very possible, but it may not be as clear as it seems I think. The x264 compression makes a big difference, and the fact the original source is HDTV helps a lot too. Not as good source quality as Blu-Ray but better than DVD and that might help. But of course that assumes the fact it's from TV doesn't hurt it (possible logos, broadcast compression) and the encoder did a good job. We'll see. Does this DVD have good quality mastering? (Not all do as you yourself have found.)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

FLL wrote:Very possible, but it may not be as clear as it seems I think. The x264 compression makes a big difference, and the fact the original source is HDTV helps a lot too.
Yeah, it is worth to check out. I don't have much experience with x264, have used it only for some shorts, because encoding is so slow.

Gotta check the DVD quality, but as far as I remember, it wasn't a very good movie anyway.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

for the size if done properly mkv containers can offer a great amount amount of detail and can include different subtitle, audio options. but as BLT stated the encoding can take a very long time and i find it also consumes your computers resources. those that have mastered it i have seen ripped blu-ray movies under 700 mb that look like dvd quality. 350mb can be plenty sharp since the source is HDTV.

:cool

hopefully this file gets confirmed soon ;) thanks again for the find Ldieguez_
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Confirmed! 640x352, no subs. Seems like Chinese audio but dubbed, from one Chinese dialect to another maybe?

BLT, if your DVD has subs those at least would be appreciated, and even a rip too. Picture on this one is a little dark .

Moving to REL, thanks BLT and LD! :clap :clap

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   23 likes

FLL wrote:Confirmed! 640x352, no subs.
Wow, quality is very good for the small size. Maybe I should start using x264 myself :think
FLL wrote:Seems like Chinese audio but dubbed, from one Chinese dialect to another maybe?
The DVD has Cantonese and Mandarin soundtracks, but I think the rip has actually original sound, because the other soundtrack sounds more dubbed.

Here are subs and a rip for those who want to waste more space. Aspect ratio is 1.86:1; I hope I got that right this time. DVD is 4:3 letterboxed, so the image size is not very large (sampled 704x336, displayed 704x378), but quality is good.

My rip has NTSC framerate (23.976 fps deinterlaced), so the subs need to be tweaked to match the original 25 fps rip.

In December of 1937, the two young girls, May and August, lived blissfully with their parents in Nanjing. Unfortunately, the outbreak of the war totally changed their lives. May's parents were killed by the Japanese soldiers. Once May's uncle knew the tragedy, he brought the two girls from Refugee camp. Later, the Japanese invaders took full control of the city and May's uncle was arrested and executed. Since then, May and August must learn to be strong to face all the upcoming challenges.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.30 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [56.7 Kb]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for finding!!!!

And thanks BLT for the HQ version ;) i hope to get enough sources.
petra

Post by petra »   0 likes

Does anyone still have this movie? Been trying to find it for ages. No sources showing for the download.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Petra wrote:Does anyone still have this movie? Been trying to find it for ages. No sources showing for the download.
It looks like you are either too impatient or have problems with your eMule set up. I have been sharing BLT's HQ version since he posted it, maybe others too. And the sources info link for the mkv version show there are several sources.

Lightly seeded films sometimes take a while to be found on eMule. Try using the sources info link to see what servers they are on, then connect to one of those servers.