CIC gone ??

Links to any childhood websites you wish to promote can go here.
billanben

CIC gone ??

Post by billanben »   0 likes

I get this crap now when I try to access :-

If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.
Seeing this instead of the website you expected?

This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

The Apache documentation has been included with this distribution.

You are free to use the image below on an Apache-powered web server. Thanks for using Apache!

Anyone else get this problem or know what to do to fix, or is site fnarred !
Debaser

Re: CIC gone ??

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

I bet if you search back a year in this forum, you will find another topic about CIC disappearing, and the year before that too :)

As far as I know, the host has a long break about this time.
Debaser

emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

When they come back, tell the admin there to edit the default text for the webserver so that it makes more sense. ;)
billanben

(red faced) forgot all the conjecture last year about where they take their holidays :-)
Thx
wizardly1

Post by wizardly1 »   0 likes

This is the second time this has happened. They straightened it out last time, which was a week or so ago. Give them a day or two and they should be back up and working normally.

Wiz
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

wizardly1 wrote:This is the second time this has happened. They straightened it out last time, which was a week or so ago. Give them a day or two and they should be back up and working normally.

Wiz
:eyecrazy

Sorry, Wiz...

Didn't you read any of the responses to billanben? It's a yearly vacation CIC takes and it usually lasts about a month or two [not just a week or so...]. If all follows 'normal procedure' :wall , they WILL be back...

kev.
billanben

Please delete this and maybe put a sticky ??
Debaser

You know to be honest, im only assuming they are closed for the yearly holiday, going by the time of year.

Perhaps Ghost or Rich could make a sticky once confirmed, I am sure I remember one them knows the host of CIC.
sprocket

Post by sprocket »   0 likes

I'm not so sure about this one. Last time he was on holiday I seem to remember it was a Russian webhosting page called caravan.ru that appeared in its place. Also as the same guy also runs rarefilmfinder he took the forum there offline presumably because there was nobody to moderate whilst he was sunning himself.