[REQ] Heinähattu, Vilttitossu (2017/2020)

relic

Re: [REQ] Heinähattu, Vilttitossu (2017/2020)

Post by relic »   0 likes

Sigh, that is where I found it. Yes that's it. Too much for an old fart to remember.
Relic
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Infinity wrote:Wow that's crazy how much personal information they want from you.
All to watch a kids show streaming!

Finnish streaming service, 2020 film in Finnish with Swedish subtitles, rent it for €4 in HD:
https://elisaviihde.fi/elokuvat/29472/h ... oululainen
PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. I have no experience with this site and am only providing information.

Of course experienced downloaders know how to make a "rental" permanent.
Night457
Global Moderator

relic wrote:Too much for an old fart to remember.
Hey, I can relate!

I had come across this video too, and just found it again with a Google search.
fumio2018

Post by fumio2018 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:
Just for fun I shut off my VPN and tried to sign up on the ruutu site to see what would happen trying to watch the 2020 series. I did not get to any geoblocking, because after giving my name, email and year of birth, it also wanted to know my zipcode, sex and phone number. I don't think so. I get enough unwanted phone calls as it is. Is this ruutu a streaming service, or a dating service?

I can use fake email addresses and pick a random zipcode, but I have never "fake-numbered" anyone.
Is that phone number required for the purpose of receiving an SMS code? If I were in that situation, I would be using one of the "receive sms online for free" services.
Night457 wrote: Finnish streaming service, 2020 film in Finnish with Swedish subtitles, rent it for €4 in HD:
https://elisaviihde.fi/elokuvat/29472/h ... oululainen
PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. I have no experience with this site and am only providing information.

Of course experienced downloaders know how to make a "rental" permanent.
Looks promising. This "Elisa" website even has all the "Onneli ja Anneli" movies that I am also looking for. But it does not let me add to cart. There is a big red square saying "Ostoskorin luonnissa tapahtui virhe", it does not even mean "error adding to cart", it is more like "error CREATING cart", like wtf?
Night457
Global Moderator

fumio2018 wrote:Is that phone number required for the purpose of receiving an SMS code? If I were in that situation, I would be using one of the "receive sms online for free" services.
That is probably the reason. It did not say and I quit there. It certainly made me suspicious when it suddenly revealed these boxes with more information required ON THE SAME PAGE when I had entered the previous basic information. When was it going to stop? Was it going to be one of those pages that says "Enter your credit card number to we can confirm you are an adult, but we PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE not to actually charge it!"? I was also navigating the page with a Google Chrome page translation, which is awkward.

I know I have looked into "SMS online for free," but I do not remember if I was successful at it.
There is a big red square saying "Ostoskorin luonnissa tapahtui virhe", it does not even mean "error adding to cart", it is more like "error CREATING cart", like wtf?
Hell, I get that sort of error all the time for online retail sites. It could be almost anything, including just a standard webpage error, such as when there is a big sale and too many people are using the site.

But other than trying again later and carefully checking to be sure all the required information is filled in, I have no brilliant suggestions!
fumio2018

I'm done.

Today I subscribed to a new vpn service with servers in Finland, and then tried both Ruutu and Elisa again.

On Ruutu I was somehow able to access the page you mentioned earlier that asks for zip code and phone number. After providing random ones, there was no SMS verification process. But the website still knew I was using a VPN.

On Elisa things aren't any better either. The big red square saying "error creating cart" is still there. I also found another service called "viaplay" (https://viaplay.fi/store/heinahattu-vil ... ainen-2020) which appears to be affiliated to Elisa and does not have this problem. But it requires a Finnish credit card.

Damn, kudos to developers at Ruutu and Elisa. You win, I lose. One month of VPN for nothing. Mom will be mad.
fumio2018

Night457 would you please do me a favour and try inserting random info into the "zip code & phone number" page at Ruutu to see if the 2020 film can be played? As I understand it you are able to access that page without using a VPN aren't you? The following website could be helpful when it comes to generating random info:

https://www.fakenamegenerator.com/gen-random-fi-fi.php

Just a request and it's completely up to you. I'm totally okay if you don't want to do it and I'll understand it.
Night457
Global Moderator

I will try Ruutu again next time I disconnect from my VPN (within the next day), but at the moment I don't want to interrupt my eMuling. (Priorities, man.) If I had just done split-tunneling for one of my browsers then that would not be an issue, but I just have not gotten around to it!

And thanks for the fakenamegenerator site ... I think. Just what exactly is in it for the site operators? How do they make THEIR money? I am supposed to believe they are keeping this site up out of the goodness of their hearts? Being able to activate the fake email address seems awfully suspicious to me. A simple SMS-interceptor / fake phone number is probably all I really need. Have you actually used this site without mobsters coming to visit you?
Night457
Global Moderator

fumio2018 wrote:Night457 would you please do me a favour and try inserting random info into the "zip code & phone number" page at Ruutu to see if the 2020 film can be played?
Bloody hell. For the first time ever, while I was working on my computer I got the legendary Blue Screen of Death. I was unable to figure out why (no virus found ... no peripherals attached ... no disk errors ... etc) but naturally this meant my VPN was logged out when the computer had its forced restart. Anyway, after doing my computer checks I went back to Ruutu without VPN.

I picked a Finnish zipcode and used the phone number from the fakenamegenerator site. Ruutu / Sanoma apparently does not actually USE them (for SMS or whatever) but it DOES use the email address to send a confirmation link. I have my own usable fakename email accounts for that. After clicking the link and logging in, I got this message (Google page translated to English):
The program is not available in the country you are in now. Add a Finnish payment card to your information and you can watch programs in EU countries.
Aha, it is the old "Give Us Your Credit Card Number So You Can Watch Free Programs" line of BS. No thank you, Ruutu.

Sorry your VPN did not work for this. Surely you can find some other use for one month of a Finnish server, right?

Once again let me suggest that if you are determined to use this site, having your VPN off but a Finnish proxy on might be something that works. It MIGHT fool the site into thinking you are actually in Finland and you would not be using a VPN. I have never used a proxy so I do not know if there are any that are free.
fumio2018

Aha, it is the old "Give Us Your Credit Card Number So You Can Watch Free Programs" line of BS. No thank you, Ruutu.
Big thanks for trying that out, Night457. I hope it did not bring you too much inconvenience. I can understand that some people may find the fakenamegenerator sus, but I can only suppose they get their revenue from ads, and run a separate email server for those random email addresses.
Once again let me suggest that if you are determined to use this site, having your VPN off but a Finnish proxy on might be something that works. It MIGHT fool the site into thinking you are actually in Finland and you would not be using a VPN. I have never used a proxy so I do not know if there are any that are free.
Do you mean VPS when you say "proxy"? There are different kinds of proxy and I don't know exactly which type you are referring to. Finnish VPS are rare and tend to be very expensive, at least from my experience. At this point I am reluctant to invest any real money into this anymore, especially when not knowing for sure if it will eventually work. Even if I made it with a proxy I might still be required a Finnish credit card, which I obviously don't have.