[REL] La petite sirène (1980)

eva3

[REL] La petite sirène (1980)

Post by eva3 »   1 likes

Hello, I'm very surprised no one heard about this one :D

IMDB : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081330
RFF : No

[Image]
Isabelle, 14 years old, dreams of Prince Charming as described in Andersen's tales.

She thinks she can find him in Georges, a mechanic, and makes a pass at him. Georges rejects her but Isabelle clings to him and manages to break him up with his fiancée.

So she can settle in his house.
Apparently only on VHS.

Could you help me to find this obscure film ?
Thank you :D
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] La petite sirène (1980)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Nothing on uloz.to or eMule. I did find it on a for-pay streaming site - use Google or DuckDuckGo.
eva3

Post by eva3 »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Nothing on uloz.to or eMule. I did find it on a for-pay streaming site - use Google or DuckDuckGo.
If you're talking about Mubi, this site is good, but actually have a very limited collection. They only provide 30 films each month. They also provide a large database of film pages, like IMDB, but the content is unavailable because they don't have the films. :lol:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

No, it wasn't Mubi. I started the stream and the initial 30 seconds displayed (essentially just the MGM lion), then it stopped and waited for me to register and pay, at which point I cancelled it. I didn't write down the site address - sorry.
eva3

Post by eva3 »   0 likes

Mmmh... That sounds like fake shit to me, or it's the wrong movie (there are many Little Mermaids).

How could a rare french film like that have the MGM logo on it ?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Don't know, but the cover pic was the same as the one here. I just did a quick search, I wasn't going to watch it.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

I'm flabbergasted that this conversation is taking place... :o

This movie WAS here; I KNOW it was HERE!!

I've had this movie on VHS and I thought I had the DVD, but I can't find ANY references to one so I guess it still hasn't been released. :think

[Image]

I know at some point the film had to be here because after I saw it, FLM was one of the first places I thought that this movie would be welcomed. When I found it was already here, I even remember posting a comment in the thread that I'd seen it and really enjoyed it. :shock:

It's a slow moving drama, but well acted, and from what I remember the young girl that portrayed Isabelle [ Laura Alexis ] did an amazing job portraying a somewhat homely girl lost in a fantasy world..

I can't be that crazy.. (Well, I COULD be, but I don't think I am... :think ) 1980 for crikeysakes... This movie HAD to have been here at some point...

kev.
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

It was released here, I took the info from cvmc, and yes I seem to remember it was slow and typically French lol
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   0 likes

Moment: when it had been already RELeased here, it means that it disappeared with the old-forum crash in July 2011?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

The database didn't crash on 2011, it was far earlier, some time between 2006 and 2008, even before I got here.