[REQ] Ècosaimale? (2000)

Any documentaries about children can go here.
ARTHORIUS

[REQ] Ècosaimale? (2000)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   1 likes

Welcome guys to my new thread...this movie is a treasure not referred at RFF and for me it had potential...so here it is

Plot from original page

E' piena estate nel quartiere Ballarò al centro storico di Palermo. Brenda, Lia e Rita hanno sette, nove e dieci anni, mentre Tania e le sua amiche hanno circa tredici anni. La vita scorre in strada, e la violenza è il codice di comportamento acquisito fuori e dentro la famiglia. L'irrequietezza e i racconti interrotti rivelano la crudeltà del contesto ambientale, mostrando le ferite e le paure dell'infanzia privata della propria innocenza. Il titolo evoca la domanda fondamentale su ciò che è bene e ciò che è male.

No poster no trailer only 1 image

[Image]

No other info
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Ècosaimale? (2000)

Post by kev »   2 likes

ARTHORIUS wrote:Plot from original page

E' piena estate nel quartiere Ballarò al centro storico di Palermo. Brenda, Lia e Rita hanno sette, nove e dieci anni, mentre Tania e le sua amiche hanno circa tredici anni. La vita scorre in strada, e la violenza è il codice di comportamento acquisito fuori e dentro la famiglia. L'irrequietezza e i racconti interrotti rivelano la crudeltà del contesto ambientale, mostrando le ferite e le paure dell'infanzia privata della propria innocenza. Il titolo evoca la domanda fondamentale su ciò che è bene e ciò che è male.
Google translation:
A summer in the district Ballarò to the historical center in Palermo. Brenda, Lia and Rita have seven, nine and ten years, while Tania and his/her friends are about thirteen years old. Life flows in the street, and violence is the code of behavior acquired out and inside the family. The restlessness and the interrupted stories reveal the cruelty of the environmental context showing the wounds and the fears of the private infancy of his/her own innocence. The title evokes the fundamental question on what it is well and what is badly.
Seems to be a 60 min documentary. I found some info here:
http://www.italiandoc.it/area/public/wid/DNT/video.htm

..which is probably the same place ART got his info.

Now there is a imdb page for it:
Écosaimale? (2000)
imdb says:
The sisters Lia, 6, and Rita, 9, and their friend Brenda, who has lost all her front teeth, are the only little girls left in the Albergheria neighborhood and claim their right to be little. This area in the old center of Palermo is in the midst of urban renewal and is full of rubble and open work sites. Cetti, Mariuccia and Rosi, teenagers already, talk about the rivalry between neighborhoods, about the small gangs and about the habits of violence.
It was directed by Costanza Quatriglio who seems to be sorta famous in her genre in italy.

I'm moving this tread to the 'Documentary' forum, due to this new information. Hopefully we'll find this somewhere as it sounds like a documentary that should be here.. ;)

kev.
ARTHORIUS

Re: [REQ] Ècosaimale? (2000)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

;)
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL