[REL] Du Sel Sur La Peau (1984)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Du Sel Sur La Peau (1984)

Post by ghost »   213 likes

This is one of those films where I had already given up hope of ever seeing it in better quality. :(
Then we all missed, that it has been released on DVD last year... :o

Now, I even can release this old FLM classic in beautiful HD quality! :onfire :onfire :onfire

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

And yes! There are also English subtitles! I ripped the french hardsubs from the VHS/TV-Rip and translated them. ##They start only after 5 1/2 minutes, because the beginning is missing in the old video file.## EDIT: The subtitles have been replaced with complete ones.

Enjoy! ;)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.51 Gb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [67.3 Kb]
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

:onfire :icon_1dancingban :inlove
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

OMG, to think of all the hours I spent searching for this title ... before I ever even discovered FLM ... and all I ever found was crap quality. I could never understand why this movie seemed to be ignored for home media release these days.

Fantastic! What a find! Thanks!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Truly a classic. Thanks, ghost.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:OMG, to think of all the hours I spent searching for this title ... before I ever even discovered FLM ... and all I ever found was crap quality. I could never understand why this movie seemed to be ignored for home media release these days.

Fantastic! What a find! Thanks!
I have my wish list many movies I would like to be released to DVD they have been forgotten for so long I imagine not even the directors themselves remember, as we saw here, I hope that release will come soon.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

I've NEVER expected this to turn up on FLM.
Let me state something obvious ghost you are my hero :icon_att

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

I found this now-outdated Trivia at imdb:
In 1986, the movie was released in VHS with hard-coded French subtitles and that is the only version available. No copy of the master of the film exists as far as anyone knows so no DVD or Blu-Ray can be produced. The company Belga Films, which owns the rights to the film, reportedly knows nothing about the whereabouts of the master or raw footage. If anything does exist in a vault somewhere, it will probably stay there deteriorating.
Well, obviously that info is thankfully now wrong. I am curious as to who found the film and WHERE. Google search gives me no info so far. ghost's 1080p file looks fantastic, far better than seems possible from the DVD. If it is not a secret, ghost, did you find this streaming somewhere? Or have you actually done one of your extraordinary up-res encodes from the DVD?
I realize that believing anonymously-sourced Trivia at IMDB is probably foolish, but if it was true at the time, my guess is that Belga Films "not knowing" where it was simply meant they could not be bothered to LOOK for it.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Of course it's no secret;)

I actually bought the DVD and upscaled it to HD (took me about 2 days of encoding...). The result was really stunning :o

Most of the work I had with the subtitles.. It was really a pain in the ass to rip them with VideoSubFinder, correcting the french ones.. and translating most of the text by hand :cry: :?
Night457
Global Moderator

I am truly impressed by the results of the DVD upscale. I found it hard to believe that such results could be obtained by video processing, but I didn't know how else you could have done it. I looked briefly out of curiosity but found none of the usual sites streaming it now that there is a presentable source on home media.

Having had a little experience with OCR of subtitles from videotape sources, I know how inaccurate the results can be, and that the best one can hope for is accurate timing of random nonsense text. Then there is the long process of CORRECTING that text, mostly by watching the original source and transcribing. I KNOW how much work you had to have put into it, and I am most certainly grateful. On previous viewings I would sometimes look to the French subtitles for clarification of plot points, with what little French I know. (Which is very very little.) I am so glad to have them in English.

From the enthusiastic response seen in the thread already, you have clearly made many people happy. Great job!
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Wow!!

Let me add my kudos to you ghost! Brilliant job, as usual!!! :icon_party

I'm kinda embare-assed to admit that I've NEVER sat down and watched this entire movie until tonight. :o

Besides the OT bits, this is a very engaging comedy/drama about a young girl going through a trying time with her mother and finding another adult that treats her as a person and seems to enjoy spending time with her. The fact she's not very modest is a big plus in my book.. ;) :heart

[Image]
When Juliette pushes him back on the bed and says "But first, let's make love!" and gives him a smack on his lips... :heart ...this film made it's way to the top of my 'Favorites' list! I was a tad disappointed that it ended so quickly..

"Leave 'em wanting more!" A sign that something connected and resonated with your audience. :)

Thanks again ghost for bringing this much appreciated upgrade to FLM!!

(Interesting little note [that did NOT in the least hinder my enjoyment of this movie..]: My subs didn't kick in until about 5 mins into the film, when Charlotte and Juliette [ Anne Clignet in her ONLY film role.. :( ] first appear.. They were continuous after that, without much of a problem other than weird grammar, common with translators not completely familiar with both languages.)

Stay safe and stay healthy, all! :bigups

kev.