[REL] Exercices spirituels aka Spiritual Exercices (2005)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Exercices spirituels aka Spiritual Exercices (2005

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Me too, but I haven't asked for a repost because these three aren't OT at all. In fact, only 3, 7, and 10 are OT. All of these films are "unusual" to say the least. Don't get me wrong, I like "unusual", but these are pretty far out there. :smile-l
emuler

Re: [REL] Exercices spirituels aka Spiritual Exercices (2005

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Agreed, but I like to finish what I started. :bigups
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

[REL] Pensées et visions d'une tête coupée (1991) Short

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   65 likes

Pensées et visions d'une tête coupée
Pensees et visions d'une tete coupee
Thoughts and Visions of a Severed Head

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0253466/
http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=22876

[Image]
The theme of death is heavily interwoven in Smolder's surreal salute to Belgian painter Antoine Wiertz, Pensees et visions d'une tete coupee / Thoughts and Visions of a Severed Head, a Hieronymus Bosch-type artist whose work centered on humans in various stages in torment, as depicted in expansive canvases with gore galore. Smolders has basically taken a standard documentary and chopped it up, using quotes from the long-dead artist, and periodic statements by a historian (Smolders) filling in a few bits of Wiertz' life.
Of special note is 11-year-old Barbara De Jonghe.

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [370.13 Mb]
idler

Re: [REL] Pensées et visions d'une tête coupée (1991) Short

Post by idler »   0 likes

Sigh.

This is one short of the series of Olivier Smolder posted by starfish21.
https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... php?t=6259
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Me too, but I haven't asked for a repost because these three aren't OT at all. In fact, only 3, 7, and 10 are OT. All of these films are "unusual" to say the least. Don't get me wrong, I like "unusual", but these are pretty far out there.
May be we can use the pics?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

idler wrote:Sigh.

This is one short of the series of Olivier Smolder posted by starfish21.
https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... php?t=6259
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Me too, but I haven't asked for a repost because these three aren't OT at all. In fact, only 3, 7, and 10 are OT. All of these films are "unusual" to say the least. Don't get me wrong, I like "unusual", but these are pretty far out there.
May be we can use the pics?
Doh! My senior moments are coming every 3 minutes nowadays - I hate to think what the baby's going to look like. :wall My apologies - I found some clips and then searched KAD for the title in the clips and this is what I got. I swear I searched FLM for pensees, visions, tete, coupee, spiritual, and jonghe before I posted it but didn't find anything. By all means use the caps - I tried to keep them "tasteful" - or just trash-can this whole thread.

I'll go sit in the corner now...
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I swear I searched FLM for pensees, visions, tete, coupee, spiritual, and jonghe before I posted it but didn't find anything.
Back in February when FLM went offline for a day, the reason was the webhost shut us down because the database had gotten too large. The main cuplrit was the part of the database which indexes words for search - every word in every post has an entry, and there were over a million entries.

ghost knew it was coming, and had told me. I was working on a solution to intelligently trim the search data size (even many smileys are indexed... yeah that's a good use of database space :wall) but I was too slow, the webhost acted before I was finished. So ghost took the quick way out to get us back online: he deleted all search entries for the text in the bodies of posts, leaving only post titles searchable. So since the title of this film was in that thread only as message text because it was one part of a collection, there was no way your searches could have found that thread.

But that was a one-time fix, all messages entered - or edited - are added back into the search database. I just now edited my message in that thread listing the collection titles, and now they are again findable via search.

I'll leave this as a REL, since this title is one of main attractions of that collection, its own release makes some sense. I'll also move that thread out of Unverified.

idler, thanks for pointing this out! :clap
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

FLL wrote:ghost knew it was coming, and had told me. I was working on a solution to intelligently trim the search data size (even many smileys are indexed... yeah that's a good use of database space ) but I was too slow, the webhost acted before I was finished.
My mistake is no reflection on you at all - all the admins have their own lives outside of FLM and all the time you contribute is much appreciated.

I even did a Mark-1 Eyeball search and missed it. I knew I'd seen this flick before but thought it must be before I joined FLM since I didn't find it in search. I felt like "Aha! Finally I can contribute something worthwhile." I can never hope to match the major contributors here but I don't want to be a leech.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

if you were to be classed as a leech how would we class the hundreds of members on this forum who have never posted a single time,who dl plenty of files but cant even say hello.

contributions can be made in many different ways.

:)
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:if you were to be classed as a leech how would we class the hundreds of members on this forum who have never posted a single time,who dl plenty of files but cant even say hello.

contributions can be made in many different ways.

:)
Very true.......those that download & then share are the very back-bone of our community, even if the majority don't post. Don't consider yourself a leech Phuzzy........we all know you share well & your contributions to the forum are always welcome. It's bad luck that in this case your efforts to provide fresh material were thwarted by our search facility that can have a mind of it's own. However, idler's always around to point out duplications/double postings when needed! :thumbsup
I wonder if idler would also like to have a go at getting rid of the idiots, spammers, no-hopers & general fuckwits that seem to be arriving here a little too often recently?! :)

lb