[REQ] Ritual Washing of the Maiden (2004)

Rich

[REQ] Ritual Washing of the Maiden (2004)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

<admin edit:>
Ритуальная девичья помывка (2004)
AKA Ritual Washing of the Maiden

Pomylka (2004)
Это нашумевший документальный фильм Чувашской телерадиокомпании "Чувашия" из серии Национальные чувашские обычаи. Фильм называется "Ритуальная девичья помывка" (на чувашском языке). Тем, кто не владеет чувашским языком, скорее всего покажется, что звука нет. Но он есть, правда, слышат его только чуваши и чувашки.
babel wrote:This is the sensational documentary film of the Chuvash tele-radiocompany of " [Chuvashiya]" from a series national Chuvash customs. Film is called " Ritual maidenly [pomyvka]" (in the Chuvash language). , Who does not manage Chuvash language, it will most likely seem by those that there is no sound. But it there are they, true, hear it only Chuvashs and Chuvash.
I think it's this...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0487164/

FLL

Re: [REQ] Pomylka (2004)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Rich wrote:
babel wrote:This is the sensational documentary film of the Chuvash tele-radiocompany of " [Chuvashiya]" from a series national Chuvash customs. Film is called " Ritual maidenly [pomyvka]" (in the Chuvash language). , Who does not manage Chuvash language, it will most likely seem by those that there is no sound. But it there are they, true, hear it only Chuvashs and Chuvash.
I think it's this...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0487164/

Highly doubtful that IMDB entry is for this film, unless the genres "documentary" and "crime" are the same, as well as the languages "Chuvash" and "Polish". :think
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Ritual maidenly pomyvka, i. e. ritual washing of the maiden. Gee, how these "translating programs" can´t manage quite usual words!
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Btw, "pomyvka" isn´t Chuvash word, it is Russian.
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Why for God´s sake it is under Poland?!
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

abel wrote:Why for God´s sake it is under Poland?!
IMDB wrote:Country:
Poland
Fair enough, any ideas as to what film / docu he could be referirng? :think
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Ah uh! IMDB mentions absolutely different film, Polish Pomyłka (Error) which is btw pronounced in very similar way [Pomywka]!!! So hurry up to move it in correct thread, in this case a document. Afaik, it is an ethnographic document about Chuvash national custom of bathing the maidens, probably before a wedding, but I don´t know for sure.
FLL

Post by FLL »   94 likes

Rich wrote:Fair enough, any ideas as to what film / docu he could be referirng? :think
Ah, googling shows me where you got that quote... you should have posted the preview pic for the clip that it is a description of.

[Image]

That clip (now a dead link on the other board) has been posted on FLM before, by Amadeus in fact.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [34.38 Mb]

Not sure if this helps us get the actual name, though it might motivate people to look for it :)
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

FLL wrote:
Rich wrote:Fair enough, any ideas as to what film / docu he could be referirng? :think
Ah, googling shows me where you got that quote... you should have posted the preview pic for the clip that it is a description of.
lol, maybe but now i have to securely erase my firefox cache again :think i like to keep a clean computer :icon_paranoid
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Jesus, remove it from this "Poland"!