[REQ] War of the Worlds (2005)

Amadeus

[REQ] War of the Worlds (2005)

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

Looking for a nice verified copy of War of the Worlds (2005). Many nice scenes including Dakota Fanning.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407304/

[Image]
starfish21

Re: [REQ] War of the Worlds (2005)

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

this is already available in abundance on emule.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Amadeus, this is one of those mainstream movies that is so easy to find that putting the name into the 'search' of any torrent site and as Starfish mentioned emule search will bring results. Sorry but finding a verified copy of this for you seems a bit lazy and extreamly easy. Emule can be hit or miss at times but there are sites that have trusted members that post mainstream movies such as sharethefiles, also thepiratebay has green skulls next to uploaders names indicating they are trusted and people tend to leave comments under an upload saying if a file is bad. Too easy... :? :think
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Amadeus, you might as well post a verified eMule link when you get it so it can be moved to Release, though I doubt many FLM people will keep it shared - there are too many other sources.
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

I see. Thought maybe it was a missed title given its content. Notwithstanding torrent comments I've read are showing grainy rips at best.

If the object of this site is to become more appealing to mainstream public, titles like this would attract them.

A start-up page with famous titles for example. :color_
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

It's real easy to type "War of the Worlds" in eMule's search then select one of the matches and download it, so why did you make this a request instead of a release? Just saying...

How do you know they're grainy or not until you download one and see? I see a well-sourced 1080p BRRip at 14.71 GB on the mule right now - I'd bet that's not grainy. :lol:

I don't know if WotW was a missed title or if people just decided it was too common to bother with, but you can release anything you feel is FLM material. Anyone is welcome to release films that aren't here or post upgrades to ones that are, so go ahead and release as many as you like.
ptguardian

I have the blu-ray of this so I did not download and did not try and rip but while doing a quick search(30 seconds) I found dozens on torrent. Some of the comments suggested that since this was a movie with a lot of dark scenes that if not properly compressed it would indeed look grainy. I recommend reading comments on all the torrents that have plenty of seeds, a size you can live with and look for one that only has positive comments and then go for it. :D
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

I see where amadeus is coming from,if anyone can find an existing ed2k link of a decent version,then theres no reason why it shouldn't be released here,i certainly won't be using my own bandwidth on it.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Amadeus wrote:Looking for a nice verified copy of War of the Worlds (2005). Many nice scenes including Dakota Fanning.
If the question is "which version isn't grainy", why not simply start downloading ALL the likely versions, preview each to see which you like best, then cancel all the rest?
starfish21 wrote:I see where amadeus is coming from,if anyone can find an existing ed2k link of a decent version,then theres no reason why it shouldn't be released here,i certainly won't be using my own bandwidth on it.
I see where he's coming from too and I'm sure Amadeus doesn't really expect someone else to do all the legwork for him. I'm sure he'll post the 'release' version soon. :)
ptguardian

Something else to consider and the reason I bought the blu-ray is that the audio on this film is very important to the added enjoyment. Of which is another reason to find the file on a site instead of random download from the mule. The ripper often gives his encode details and people leave comments on file quality. ;)

Since this is such a hard movie to find I may spend 3 minutes later and give a few url links. :lol: