[REL] The Challengers (1989)

terry666

Re: [REL] The Challengers (1989)

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

Darn... just noticed that. It also takes monitoring, as it turns off after a certain amount of transfer. But since you say Ghost will keep this shared, I put aside my other transfers until he gets it. Then, I'll go back to just having it in my share folder.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I just say thanks ;)
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Let me take this opportunity to put in a plug for eMule's MorphXT mod, which I am using. There are other good mods but I can't vouch for them so I'll stick with what I know.

One of the nice things about this mod is there is no limit on friend slots, i.e. you can click on "Establish Friend Slot" for everyone you have added as a friend and they will all take turns getting priority over non-friends. I have about 25 friend slots defined, people who are clearly from here by their name (ghost, Debaser, Arthorius, etc etc), plus those with [FLM] in their name, plus those who I noticed downloading 3 or 4 files whose links I got here. There is one gotcha: it will occasionally clear the friend slot assignment, when someone changes IP address or in a few other cases. Occasionally I browse friends and turn the slot back on if it has been turned off, no big deal, most people maintain the same IP for a while.

In options you can control the max % of upload bandwidth that can go to friends, I have it set at 75% because whiel eMule preachs "share share share" I am used trading (on WinMX... I met Debaser on WinMX which is how I found this site, so blame him if I do something wrong, lol :) )

It's easy to install, and if installed over standard eMule will continue using all your prefs and also the credits you have already picked up. (Of cousre always backup up your eMule directory and your config directory, though, whenever updating eMule, just in case. No need to backup the Temp directory where all the partially downloaded files are, they will continue to download normally.)

MorphXT also has a cool feature, Funny Nicks. They take any user who blends into the crowd by not customizing his username and assigns a random silly name, and remembers it so if the same user is seen again he shows up using the same name. So for example whenever I see "[FunnyNick] Elite Eagle" I know it's kev.

MorphXT is updated frequently, the latest release is based on the latest official eMule release of 0.47c. The official MorphXT mod forum is at http://forum.emule-project.net/index.php?showforum=28 and has discussion and download links.

By the way, if you stay with standard eMule with just one friend upload slot, I endorse the idea of assigning it to ghost. Of all those I have given friend slots to, ghost is one of the very very few who has actually uploaded more to me than he has downloaded from me. He must have excellent connectivity :)
terry666

Does MorphXT mod use Kad? Most mods don't. Plus, I read (somewhere) that if you screw around with friend slots too much, you will get a LOW-ID.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

terry666 wrote:Does MorphXT mod use Kad? Most mods don't. Plus, I read (somewhere) that if you screw around with friend slots too much, you will get a LOW-ID.
I don't know any emule mod without Kad... :think
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

terry666 wrote:Does MorphXT mod use Kad? Most mods don't. Plus, I read (somewhere) that if you screw around with friend slots too much, you will get a LOW-ID.
Yes, it has Kad. I've never heard that about friend slots, I certainly have never had low ID problems.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Many thanks for another great release!
terry666

ghost wrote:I don't know any emule mod without Kad... :think
I haven't looked at any mods in a while. The last one I tried was Emule-Plus, and it didn't have KAD at the time. If I find some time to kill, I'll check out some other mods that were mentioned.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

eMule Plus does not have KAD. It takes a little longer to find certain sources without KAD, but you do find them, so there is no special advantage by using KAD.

Of course, if more servers are shut down then KAD will have a more significant role, but until then I'll stick with eMule Plus.
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

Could I get a reshare on this one as well? I only have about 1/3rd of it - it has not been seen complete since I started downloading it in February. Thanks.