[REL] You Can't Do That on Television (1979-1990)

billanben

Re: [REQ] You Can't Do That on Television (1979-1986)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Hey Terry

Ping FLL - they were posted on usenet on the abkidsmultimedia or lm (can't remember), and he has excellent retention on his server. I was disappointed - downloaded a couple, very poor quality and not that funny. Just MO.
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

I think I saw them. The old VHS rips? I think there are many episodes missing too. There is one episode in particular I'd like to see again, which had Moose in the bathtub one scene. Many bubbles of course, but I always enjoyed that moment.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

billanben wrote:Hey Terry

Ping FLL - they were posted on usenet on the abkidsmultimedia or lm (can't remember), and he has excellent retention on his server.
I checked newzbin and nothing shows up, so that must have been more than 200 days ago (the current best retention anywhere.) If they were on tlm I'd have them.

BTW, my current server retention is only a week-10 days, I changed ISPs/cable companies. I am pretty good at catching what I have on my watch list, it's requests after the fact and newsgroups my ISP doesn't carry that are a problem now. To solve that I would like to find a good-retention Usenet provider with a one-time charge X dollars for Y GB and the unused carries over indefinitely. (And allows posting, I'd like to upload my rips to a.b.m.tlm.) When I checked a few months ago there were some but the best retention was only a couple of months.
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

FLL wrote:I checked newzbin and nothing shows up...
S'alright. If I dug hard enough in my archives I could find a few of those rips. I'm looking for a little better quality, even though I know it may be a while. Maybe they'll appear in someone's local listings.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

FLL wrote:
billanben wrote:Hey Terry

Ping FLL - they were posted on usenet on the abkidsmultimedia or lm (can't remember), and he has excellent retention on his server.
I checked newzbin and nothing shows up, so that must have been more than 200 days ago (the current best retention anywhere.) If they were on tlm I'd have them.

BTW, my current server retention is only a week-10 days, I changed ISPs/cable companies. I am pretty good at catching what I have on my watch list, it's requests after the fact and newsgroups my ISP doesn't carry that are a problem now. To solve that I would like to find a good-retention Usenet provider with a one-time charge X dollars for Y GB and the unused carries over indefinitely. (And allows posting, I'd like to upload my rips to a.b.m.tlm.) When I checked a few months ago there were some but the best retention was only a couple of months.
Hey FLL

Try this Easynews :-

Our new NNTP farms are ready for beta testing. In most groups, you
should see 70 days of XOVER (header) retention, and article retention (by
message-id) is at about 100 days.

# Price

* $9.98 for 20 Gigabytes or 30 days, which ever comes first.
* Roll-Over Gigs:: Your unused bytes are rolled-over into your next billing cycle.
* Loyalty:: Receive 1 additional Gigabyte per purchase for every year of your continued subscription.
* NNTP downloads are discounted by 25% to account for encoding overhead and headers are free.
* Participate in our free gig offers and use up to 24 gigs on HTTP and 30 gigs on NNTP for $9.98.
* Earn 2 free gigs/month for every idle CPU.
* Earn 2 free gigs/month for taking our members survey (survey results).
* Pay as you go - You are never locked into a high monthly rate.
* Payable by credit card, cash, web 900# or mail-in subscription.
* Risk-free money back guarantee.

# Speed

* Easynews is the ISP. We control our own servers and routers - right to the backbone.
* Connected to 5 major backbones via directly connected, multiple GigE ports: AT&T, MCI, LLNW, Level 3 and Qwest.
* Choose the fastest backbone for your downloads by using our Route Selector.
* No rate limits. Most Easynews users are able to max out their connection, even full 10mbps ethernet.
* Unlimited HTTP and NNTP connections.

# Privacy

* Easynews takes your privacy seriously. We have one of the most aggressive privacy policies in the industry.
* Easynews will never sell your information to a 3rd party.
* Easynews will never contain pop-ups, pop-unders or other adware.
* Included with your subscription: NNTPS - secure NNTP
* Included with your subscription: HTTPS - secure HTTP (over SSL).

# Web Server

* The Easynews web site contains every file posted to every Usenet newsgroup in the last 40 days. That's over 8 million files with hundreds of thousands of new files every day.
* Bulk downloads are made easy with our Zip Manager. Put all your files into one easy to download zip file.
* The web site also listens on port 81 to bypass broken web cache/proxy servers at your work or ISP.

# News Server

* We have a full feed with all groups.
* We also have a 4 star ClariNet feed.
* If we do not carry a particular group, you can request that it be added.
* The news server averages 98% binary completion.
* Retention is one to two weeks in all binary groups, three or more in heavy binary groups. Text retention varies between a few weeks to over a year depending on the hierarchy.
* NNTP headers are free.
* Only one news server address, news.easynews.com. No need to juggle multiple news servers. Our front-end news servers intelligently handle multiple backend servers.
* proxy.news.easynews.com listens on ports 22, 23, 53, 80, 110 and 443 to allow you to bypass firewalls or rate limits on port 119.

I hope this doesn't contravene any rules !!

Seriously FLL, it just works no problem.
DragonLord

Post by DragonLord »   0 likes

I loved this show when I was a kid, watched it nearly everyday. My mother hated it though so we would change the channel when she came around. I would love to see some episodes again to see if I still thought it was funny or if my tastes have changed much.
FLL

Post by FLL »   8 likes

Here's a random episode, haven't looked at it at all.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [275.44 Mb]

There is a private (but open signup I think) torrent site where much of the series is available at the moment, if you are interested.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i have series 1 - 10,if anyone wants specific episodes i'll release them but there are too many to post them all.

133 eps - 12gig

[Image]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] You Can't Do That on Television (1979-1990)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   17 likes

[Image]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078714/

This is a long-running Nickelodeon TV series that was amateurish but still pretty funny for its time. Lots of kids having fun. I only found two episodes on eMule:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [101.03 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [246.49 Mb]