[REL] You Can't Do That on Television (1979-1990)

ital

Post by ital »   0 likes

An excellent web site about the Canadian Kids show

'You can't do that on television'

What's more there is server access where you can download most of the complete episodes since the late 1970's 8)

Although it is very busy :cry:

I used to watch the show when I was a kid

Check it out at:

http://www.barthsburgery.com/

[Image]
Rich

Re: You can't do that on television

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Wow, sounds GREAT, thanks! ;)

Rich :)
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

@ital:

Thanks, anyway, for informing us about that site.
But...what do you consider to be "on-topic" seems to differ much from what most of us consider. I had a look at this site and I find nothing on-topic in it. The pure appearance of children a TV screen doesn't make the show "on-topic"....
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Maybe PM's would be good here ;)

Rich :)
ital

Post by ital »   0 likes

Sorry infiniter...

I will refrain from using the term 'On topic' or even 'off Topic' !!!

I am only trying to be helpful :cry:

Being honest....

Sorry if you take offence m8
RoriShota

Post by RoriShota »   0 likes

H'ya,

Maybe this series is not actually a "first-love" movie.

But, the series did have some "love" and "dateing" segments.

I did buy part ot the disc that they offer. The seller was very nice, communicated well, and followed-up on the sale. My only complaint, might have been that the shows are recorded in WMV format. Which takes more time to convert, if you plan to transfer the shows to dvd.

I was not really disappointed, at all. I loved re-watching the shows. I still have not viewed all of them again. I was also a fan of "Turkey TV".

Nickolodian, had to buy the rights to parts of this old series. So that they could use the "slime" skits on their own series.

dillingerx

Post by dillingerx »   0 likes

man, i wish i had checked this sooner. i used to love this show also. recently saw some episodes on youtube. i will definetly be trying to download from this site. thank you!!!
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

IMHO I think it is time we had a kids shows section. I know people are going to complain about having too many sections (as they did with the REL/REQ split), but a website has to continually develop to be effective. Infiniter can then ignore all of this as it is off topic for him, although very much on-topic for others. I will be ripping Chiquititas soon.
Betelgeuse

Post by Betelgeuse »   0 likes

and if you're bored you can watch a rm version of an episode each week on ycdtotv.com
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

[Image]

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Can%27 ... Television :
You Can't Do That on Television (YCDTOTV) is a Canadian children's television program, created by Roger Price and produced from 1979 until 1990. It primarily featured child actors in a sketch comedy format, acting out short scenes based on a theme that served as the topic for the episode. Connecting scenes based on the theme would often serve to create a story arc that lasted the length of the episode. Nickelodeon became known for its iconic green slime that was originally used in this show. The series is known for featuring future pop recording artist Alanis Morissette as a cast member.

As of 2005, CJOH had no plans to release re-runs of YCDTOTV nor are there any plans to produce new episodes. In 2006, rumours began floating that Nickelodeon would release DVDs of the series as part of its "Rewind" series of DVD releases of shows from its past. However, in early February 2006, ycdtotv.com reported that because of changes in the hierarchy of Viacom, there would be no DVD release in the immediate future. Although fans still hold out hope that the series will one day be released commercially, some web sites, including ycdtotv.com and barthsburgery.com, have made episodes of the series available in the interim, through either free downloads of episodes or sales of homemade DVD compilations.
There was talk of this show here: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... television

but I want to make a formal request. Especially for episodes between 1979 and 1986. I always had a "thing" for Moose... :heart

[Image]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_McGlade

All I find on emule are clips from later in the series. :(

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078714/