[REL] The Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick (1988)

BizarreLoveTriangle

Re: [REL] The Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick (1988)

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:[Image]
Flowers will strike back!

[Image]

BTW, I reshared loverboy's file when I wrote the last message, but the priority is "very high", not "release". Since then I have uploaded 300 MB of this file and there are 6 people requesting it.
mexlink

Post by mexlink »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:
[Image]
Lol, this image requires further context.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Shouldn't tease me like that. Coming from 4chan should be all the context necessary. I don't think this is from the film.

But I always enjoy Saul Rubinek in anything, and I am sure a teenage Fairuza Balk is interesting.

1080p in choice of original English or French dub:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r52SQrtsYOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7vVOJH8vU8

These both have self-generated subtitles, and there are Greek subtitles at opensubtitles.org
deadman

Post by deadman »   2 likes

Night457 wrote:Shouldn't tease me like that. Coming from 4chan should be all the context necessary. I don't think this is from the film.

But I always enjoy Saul Rubinek in anything, and I am sure a teenage Fairuza Balk is interesting.

1080p in choice of original English or French dub:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r52SQrtsYOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7vVOJH8vU8

These both have self-generated subtitles, and there are Greek subtitles at opensubtitles.org
Holy shit, taken down within hours! If anyone managed to snag one of these before YouTube pulled the plug kindly post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis? They are still there.

Or ... My VPN is Canadian right now, and they are only allowed in Canada? Maybe that is it. Damned geoblocking!

Anyway, I have both. I am going to see if I can mux the French audio in as a second track so we can have two choices on one video. They have different opening and closing credits, but so what.

Will post later today.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   27 likes

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
I gave up on the mux.

We have both the original English audio and the French dub. Different start times won't stop me from muxing audio, but even with the beginning synced the audio gradually drifted out of sync. So I guess one version had a few more frames than the other. It would have been nice to mux because the French version has a somewhat better video bitrate, although both are unrestored 1080p. The first three screencaps are from the French, the second three from the English.

1080p. Choice of English or French videos:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.38 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.83 Gb]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks, Night.
Also no luck on Youtube. Even with a Canadian IP :(...
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
I gave up on the mux.

We have both the original English audio and the French dub. Different start times won't stop me from muxing audio, but even with the beginning synced the audio gradually drifted out of sync. So I guess one version had a few more frames than the other. It would have been nice to mux because the French version has a somewhat better video bitrate, although both are unrestored 1080p. The first three screencaps are from the French, the second three from the English.

1080p. Choice of English or French videos:

The Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick (1988).1080p.English.mp4
La fugue de Maximilian Glick (1988).1080p.French.mp4
There's free PC audio manipulation software everyone should have called Audacity (Soundforge will also do the same but it's commercial). Find some "demux" software to get the audio file out of the original if you haven't. Then drop the audio into Audacity. Then go to "effect", "change speed". But first you need to check the difference in the audio tracks. Dialogue is difficult to time, so best to find a noise like a door slam near the start and end of the film. then work out the length of each film to play that point. eg. 50m10s and 50m 20s work out the number of seconds in each, ie. (50x60)+10 and (50x60)+20 convert to a % by dividing one by the other and x100. Then feed that into the audacity change speed setting, hopefully something like 100.143. Run it and save the file out as a wav or mp3 (at 160/192kbit for decent quality) and test it, you might need to repeat a few times to get the timing perfect by adding/removing fractions of a second - probably 2nd or 3rd digit after the decimal place!! it can be tedious to get it right. MKVmerge GUI is what I think everyone uses for muxing. Of course if there's edits between the films, ie. for adverts then you're screwed and there's half seconds missing hear-there-and-everywhere!

Seeing as both files are available - I might have a go unless someone else wants to. Ghost normally has a better way :)
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   2 likes

Night457 wrote: 1080p. Choice of English or French videos:

The Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick (1988).1080p.English.mp4
La fugue de Maximilian Glick (1988).1080p.French.mp4
Thanks a lot Night! I'm trying to download the english version, have it almost complete (stuck at 98%), could you (re)share it?

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Sorry I have been offline nearly a week now and not sharing! (Computer problems.) I am sharing at the moment although as I type my new battery is going down down down and soon I will do a complete shutdown to recharge. I assure you that I fully intend to continue sharing these!

Weird the disappearing act the Youtube videos have done. I am currently on a United States VPN server and they are GONE. Later I will check Canada again. Whatever, I have them saved for everyone. As long as my computer cooperates.

David32441, thank you for the suggestion about Audacity. I have used it successfully for various projects. What you describe sounds EXACTLY like what I tried to do with one particular movie some time back, with near-total asynchronous failure the result. It is possible that one of the videos had a few additional seconds of footage here and there, and that caused the problems. Regardless, please go ahead and resync the English dialog to the superior video if you wish to do so! My head still aches from banging it against the wall of my previous sound-stretching failed project.