[REL] The Lotus Eaters (1993)

Hieronymus

[REL] The Lotus Eaters (1993)

Post by Hieronymus »   1 likes

The Lotus Eaters (1993)

[Image]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107445/
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-LOTUS-EATERS- ... 414d8edb04
A journey of discovery, this film follows the lives of one family living in a sleepy, island town in British Columbia. Languorous and dreamy, the inhabitants are satisfied to allow life to go on around them until a young, fresh-faced teacher, with new ideas arrives and brings with her life from the mainland. Slowly, their indolent state is awakened, the father (and principal of the local school) looks for excitement, the mother for stability, the oldest daughter for love, and the youngest for power.
I saw this film on cable years ago and remember it as being very cute (oddly, I don't remember anything about a pig). Although, it's not exclusively about the three young girls featured in the cast - Tara Frederick (around 14-15, giving off a strong Winona Ryder vibe); Aloka McLean (11, pretty brunette and good little actress); and Andrea Libman (9, cute and funny little blonde) - there's enough of them in the film to make it well worth notice. It looks like there are several VHS copies of this hard-to-find film currently available through eBay in the UK - unfortunately it never saw a DVD release. I don't have any way of capturing from videotape, but if I did, this would be one I'd want. :)

- Hieronymus
starfish21

Re: [REL] The Lotus Eaters (1993)

Post by starfish21 »   41 likes

loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Thanks H & starfish & in particular for filling a REQ so quickly.
Nice bit of upload speed starfish..........I'm immediately pulling over 90kb/s off you. Those of us in third-world piss-pot countries like the UK can only dream of bandwidth like this......... :)

lb
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:Thanks H & starfish & in particular for filling a REQ so quickly.
Nice bit of upload speed starfish..........I'm immediately pulling over 90kb/s off you. Those of us in third-world piss-pot countries like the UK can only dream of bandwidth like this......... :)

lb
i`m uk too

the best virgin media has to offer
Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus »   5 likes

WOW, starfish! Time to move this one to full [REL] status. :thumbsup

That's amazing that you had this - I held out not much hope that it would see the light of day, and here you post the thing within hours of my original [REQ]. And, to top it all off, by the preview it looks to be a very sharp rip (I'm guessing from cable, by the Canadian broadcast rating in the upper left-hand corner at the beginning). Excellent work.

Thank you SO much! :clap

- Hieronymus
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

thanks again starfish21 :icon_cool2

:)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Very cool!!

Thanks Hieronymus. I've seen this movie around for years with a different cover, never dreaming it had FLM potential...

Great job again starfish21.

You came across this file pretty quick! Not only that, but you've posted some really cool movies, lately! Thanks for everything you're adding to FLM!! :thumbsup

kev.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

kev wrote:Very cool!!

Thanks Hieronymus. I've seen this movie around for years with a different cover, never dreaming it had FLM potential...

Great job again starfish21.

You came across this file pretty quick! Not only that, but you've posted some really cool movies, lately! Thanks for everything you're adding to FLM!! :thumbsup

kev.
cheers - you're more than welcome,i've not had much time recently so i've been finding other peoples requests and bringing them here,
i'm now looking forward to a nice relaxing long wekend and i'm sure i'll manage to dig up something new. :icon_cool2
zonny

Post by zonny »   1 likes

Oh, I love Andrea Libman! (and not least for voice acting Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie in My Little Pony Friendship is Magic :D)

Please reshare :P
yoko

Post by yoko »   1 likes

Reshared.

I have a problem with a couple of members not seeing me, so this is a good test case :P